K9 Update major changes

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
The K9 actually kicks out just over 200hp at the crank, with quite a few major changes. This was done to widen the gap between it and the ZX14.
Formally announced recently.

1.)The ignition switch wiring has been routed and slightly extended.
2.) Upgrade to the gear indicator switching device.
3.) The counterbalance has a slightly different profile, to reduce vibration in the 4,000 to 5,000 RPM range.
4.) Small modification to how the ECM controls the two cooling fans.
5.) The ventilation holes in the cylinder skirt have been changed slightly to optimize pumping losses.
6.) Tension on the back torque limiting clutch have been changed, optimized for track use, based on K8 feedback.
7.) Composition of the chrome-moly rods have changed slightly, more carbon, the rods are thinned slightly, less mass.
8.) The ECU map is slightly different to compensate for (7) and (5) and provide a better 60ft drag time in "A" mode
9.) Updated valving in the front fork, follows K8 testing.
10.) Different color schemes for the K9.

Here is a linky to the manufacturers announcement. K9Update

Last edited:
izzit true i don't feel any change??? is still hard to engage fr n to 1st still the same problem hazi...

The K9 actually kicks out just over 200hp at the crank, with quite a few major changes. This was done to widen the gap between it and the ZX14.
Formally announced recently.

1.)The ignition switch wiring has been routed and slightly extended.
2.) Upgrade to the gear indicator switching device.
3.) The counterbalance has a slightly different profile, to reduce vibration in the 4,000 to 5,000 RPM range.
4.) Small modification to how the ECM controls the two cooling fans.
5.) The ventilation holes in the cylinder skirt have been changed slightly to optimize pumping losses.
6.) Tension on the back torque limiting clutch have been changed, optimized for track use, based on K8 feedback.
7.) Composition of the chrome-moly rods have changed slightly, more carbon, the rods are thinned slightly, less mass.
8.) The ECU map is slightly different to compensate for (7) and (5) and provide a better 60ft drag time in "A" mode
9.) Updated valving in the front fork, follows K8 testing.
10.) Different color schemes for the K9.

Here is a linky to the manufacturers announcement. K9Update

BS..........:disagree::disagree::disagree:
April Fool's Day

YIPPEE................that's why I bought an 09!! (I was sworn to secrecy by my dealer so as not to make you "slower" 08 owners feel cheated)! :laugh:

Back