2005 Hayabusa issues, bent valve?

Fuzzymeep28

Registered
I bought a 2005 hayabusa about a month ago and has treated me good up until last night. On my way home I was getting ballsy and practiced some power wheelies and bounced it off the limiter a couple times lol. Not long after I’m pretty sure what happened was I ran out of gas.... so I thought, never did I let the tank get that low but I figured that’s why it shut off. Luckily the gas station was an 1/8th mile away which is where I planned to get gas anyways. I put gas in it (91 Non Ethanol) and the whole way back home it kept stuttering and bucking, not staying at a steady RPM. I got it home let it sit over night and tried again this morning. It stalled on me a couple times but once I put stabilizer in it it didn’t stall but still extremely rough. Tried riding it and it’s bucking just like last night , practically unrideable. No F1 light this morning but it was on last night. Some forums I read people say a fuel pump??? Others are saying bent valve. Still not completely sure If I ran out of gas or not but I’m hoping that’s what it is... also all 4 pipes are getting hot.

Pull the gas tank off the bike and pull the fuel pump assembly. Check the fuel filter and see if it’s dirt. If it’s nasty looking get a new pump and filter. If you think it’s a bent valve do a leak down test. That will tell you if you have some thing mechanical wrong with the engine. Also check your spark plugs.

Pull the gas tank off the bike and pull the fuel pump assembly. Check the fuel filter and see if it’s dirt. If it’s nasty looking get a new pump and filter. If you think it’s a bent valve do a leak down test. That will tell you if you have some thing mechanical wrong with the engine. Also check your spark plugs.
That’s what a lot of my buddies are saying. A couple are scaring me saying I bent the valve last night. Will do it tonight or this weekend praying it’s just a little dirty in there

Dont think running out of gas would do it. Did the light come on to indicate 1 US gallon left? How much was needed to fill it? Not really revealant anyway. Fuel probs can be tricky sometimes but I wouldn't let yer Busa Tech buddies scare you.[bent valve] Busakiller,202 and a hundred other knowledgeable guys will give you good advice. Rubb.

Back