2000 busa mystery problem

Michael Mann

Registered
Hi everyone,

My 2000 hayabusa has been having problems starting sometimes, but not consistently. my mechanic has replaced the battery, the starter, and checked everything he can think of and has not been able to figure out the problem.

anyone here have any ideas?

thanks in advance,
Mike

Make sure all your connections are clean and tight. A loose connection will heat up if you hold the start button down. Also check the starter solenoid. Good Luck.

wow...this is eerily familiar...so much so that i had to join this forum to chime in...

i bought my 2000 busa brand new (not that the year mattered) and was so delighted to have a new bike (versus those fun Frankenstein bikes i built from salvage) that i washed it after every ride which was almost everyday...

guess which pin i was corroding on my wiring harness during each and every wash...the KILL SWITCH CIRCUIT...

i went through ghost and goblin searches as to why this thing would say nothing...not a click, not a turn over not anything...then all of a sudden it would crank...it finally quit on me and i was threatened with a $700 tow from north jersey to central jersey before some cool cops saved me and my wallet...had to replace my entire wiring harness the bike was 12 months and 2 weeks old when it happened....

too much TLC i guess...now i wash without the firehose...hehehe.....not to scare you but i hope this helps in your trouble shooting...

Ignition switch could be faulty or intermitent problem with clutch switch. Wardie

wow...this is eerily familiar...so much so that i had to join this forum to chime in...

i bought my 2000 busa brand new (not that the year mattered) and was so delighted to have a new bike (versus those fun Frankenstein bikes i built from salvage) that i washed it after every ride which was almost everyday...

guess which pin i was corroding on my wiring harness during each and every wash...the KILL SWITCH CIRCUIT...

i went through ghost and goblin searches as to why this thing would say nothing...not a click, not a turn over not anything...then all of a sudden it would crank...it finally quit on me and i was threatened with a $700 tow from north jersey to central jersey before some cool cops saved me and my wallet...had to replace my entire wiring harness the bike was 12 months and 2 weeks old when it happened....

too much TLC i guess...now i wash without the firehose...hehehe.....not to scare you but i hope this helps in your trouble shooting...

Good first post and thank you for joining to help out. Welcome to the oRg! :beerchug:

welcome both! m&m, maybe the fuel filter might jammed up? p.s. you direct great films :laugh:

Back