I Think I Have ORens mystery Problem Solved

All hail to perseverence
bowdown.gif

Good job! I think it's true that you learn more from mistakes.

I always follow your "How To's" because they'er clearly written and, with the pics, easy to understand. Really helps those of us who want to do more of their own maintenance.

In fact I just ordered the Carb Tune, and when it arrives I'll be pulling out "How to Sync the TB's".

beerchug.gif

did i mention that i finally got oren up and running?...and just in time for the 4th!
biggrin.gif

but actually?...that's not the reason i post to this thread today...the reason is that i have discovered yet another "DON'T DO THIS" issue...as follows...

Don't Do This #1,491: Soak Your New NGK Spark Plugs In Seafoam for a week.

When my plugs fouled out for the 2nd time while toying with the cam timing issue that had me chasing my tail a bit?...i left them to soak in seafoam for a week...then cleaned them off with wd40, nylon brush..dried them off with compressed air and re-dressed the tips with 600grit and re-set/checked gap..then re-installed...and?..no spark...nada...i think the combo of seafoam soaking and then wd40 with compressed air dry must've killed them somehow...i'm thinking the solution wicked it's way up between the electrode and te ceramic insulating them from popping out a potent spark as...i put in my old fouled up, wore out 10,000 mile plugs?...and she fired right up...and purred like a lion..no chatter...no stumbling...fires up from cold like a bike that's already warmed up.
biggrin.gif

Now i need new plugs again..but today?....i ride!
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back