1st track day

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
Yesterday 00busaTX and I attended the Ridesmart event at Eagle Canyon Raceway. It was a GREAT learning experience and was DAMN HOT! At the lunch break it was 107.1F under the canopy!

There are many threads about how much you can learn in just 1 track day and they are all true! If you have not had a chance to attend a track day, I highly recommend it.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, the track photography should have them posted tomorrow.

Great :thumbsup: Glad to see you enjoyed it. So much better to go fast on the track.

Thanks! It was very humbling to learn how much I don't know (I hope that makes sense).

And yet another one has been bitten by the track bug! :thumbsup:

Congrats on making your first track day a memorable experience.

Welcome to the world of track addicts! :beerchug:

I can't wait to do some track days... I'm looking into the AMOS course the beiginning of august. Should be a lot of funnn
Posted via Mobile Device

It takes time and learning never ends. I guess it is a good thing, other wise we would all get bored. :thumbsup:

You learn alot every time you go for a while I think. The first few times were kind of "busy" for me, but my last 4 trips have realy improved my riding. Good coaching can really accelerate the learning curve imo.

This may be a dumb question. In the event I get to run a track day should I just run the busa or borrow a friends gsxr750? I would hate to kill the busa and his gsxr is set up for the track allready and has dents/rash all over.

This may be a dumb question. In the event I get to run a track day should I just run the busa or borrow a friends gsxr750? I would hate to kill the busa and his gsxr is set up for the track allready and has dents/rash all over.

My general rule of thumb is only ride what is paid for.

Start in a novice group and follow instructions and your Busa will be fine. You'll learn how to ride your street bike much more confidently and safely doing a few track sessions on it.

how much does it cost to do track days? i have never been to one being that there isnt a track near me that I know of but I would love the opportunity to go to one sometime. Also, anyone know what the closest track to the South Dakota/Minnesota area?

Dan!! It was nice meeting yall there and your BMW was SWEEET:bowdown:!!! I had a great time talking with you guys and I as well am bit with the bug!! I definatly got some new ideas on how to rig my trailer. But it was a long ride home...

Richard

Awesome news, Dan!

Look forward to seeing the pix!

Corralled a bunch of orientees for the Stampede...I'm sure there'll be many, many more great reports!

:beerchug:

Dan!! It was nice meeting yall there and your BMW was SWEEET:bowdown:!!! I had a great time talking with you guys and I as well am bit with the bug!! I definatly got some new ideas on how to rig my trailer. But it was a long ride home...

Richard

Hi Richard. Glad you guys made it home safe! That must have been a long drive home after spending the day in the heat.

Shannon and I drove out to see them at their lunch break. They were both very hot and a little tired, but they both had grins like 8 yos who just got that Red Ryder BB gun on Xmas morning.

I'm sure this is just the first of many. He may be able to sneak another one in before Hallet on Labor Day.

I have to agree with Dan. I had more fun in that one day, sweating like a faucet, than I have had in a long time. I learned so much and can not wait to do it more. I can't wait for Hallett now. :laugh:

Back