RideSmart Track Day -- interest?

BUSA_CHeMiST

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so I just got off the phone with the Director of RideSmart and he is interested in getting some more BUSA's out to participate in the RideSmart Track Day's. He has graciously offered to do some sort of Trivia based Give-a-way, all pending approval from Captain of course.

Basically what we talked about was giving some guys who have either NEVER been to a track day or some of the guys who would like to just better their ability the opportunity to come out and make the BUSA a bigger presence out on the track.

I'm just here gauging interest to see how many people would be willing to do a track day and answer any quesitons that I can...

How many people would be willing to do a TRACK DAY if...
1. The price was say, cut in half (this one paricular track day is $135)
2. They were given a FREE DVD of their riding and could have it critiqued by an instructor?
3. They could be given a FREE T-Shirt from RideSmart?

These are just some of the perks or prizes we discussed. Nothing is set in stone yet, just wanted to gauge everyone's interest and see how many Texas Riders or surrounding area riders might be interested in doing this track day?

Let me know!
Chemist

We have a group of about 12 going on the 21st. Rubber2burn will be doing his 1st track day. We have a few instructors that ride w/ our group. We will have our own paddock section reserved, AustinSBR.com if anyone needs a spot.

Texas World Speedway is a great track, very easy & there is a nice long straight along the wall to open it up.

Dave Wonder is a great guy & is always willing to help the motorcycle community.

Ridesmart always has the best prices on their track days. $135 is cheap.

I usually go to Ridesmart's days. The T-shirt is 2 bucks all of the time so no doorbuster there. The TWS day is 135 dollars for everyone too. They do have great days and keep it very well organized. I take the 750 out but not sure I would want to take my Busa. It would be great to see some of the folks make it out that day. I'll be with the others in Arkansas. I crashed out in Level 4 on Sunday at Cresson so I have a little work to do to the bike.

Good Luck and Have fun!

Hye MPH, yeah I spoke to Adam today and he is the one that got me in on this Track Day.

Not sure where I will be set up with truck/trailer but would love to meet up with everyone and hang out. Will be trailering over that morning from Palestine.

And this will be my first track day as well, so i'll be in the lowely group I with Adam!
thumb_up.gif

Droppin you a PM now MPH 200...

I usually go to Ridesmart's days. The T-shirt is 2 bucks all of the time so no doorbuster there. The TWS day is 135 dollars for everyone too. They do have great days and keep it very well organized. I take the 750 out but not sure I would want to take my Busa. It would be great to see some of the folks make it out that day. I'll be with the others in Arkansas. I crashed out in Level 4 on Sunday at Cresson so I have a little work to do to the bike.

Good Luck and Have fun!
My Busa doesn't go anywhere near a track. That is why God created the Honda 600RR
laugh.gif

I low-sided my RC51 in oil in Rattlesnake a few years ago ... I hate that turn. I heard the track came in early last Sunday, I had a few friends out there. I won a 1/2 off track day, but couldn't swing $170 for gas from Austin.

Busachemist you have pm - we will help you.

Hye MPH, yeah I spoke to Adam today and he is the one that got me in on this Track Day.  

Not sure where I will be set up with truck/trailer but would love to meet up with everyone and hang out.  Will be trailering over that morning from Palestine.

And this will be my first track day as well, so i'll be in the lowely group I with Adam!  
thumb_up.gif

Droppin you a PM now MPH 200...
My Wife rides in level 1 too. She rides a 600RR. I will get one of the guys in out Austin group for your instructor.

Man I love TWS....Went down there with my R6 and 1K....I have never been on a track that was that fast before, 172 on the R6 and god only knows how fast the 1K was going since my Speedo don't read over 186...lol

I would be interested and would love to get some first time track time on my busa, but I don't have leathers.
cursin.gif

Well Cerberus, they do rent leathers. I have never done a track day either, so i dont know what the leather rental entails.

You can call them, the number is 512-469-9491 and talk to DAVE about it. I know they rent leathers and your best chance of getting some that FIT is to call ahead and pay in advance. Website says the leather rental is like $50 if pre-ordered, somethin like $80 the day of the track day

Back