1st Gen No Start

bs63366

Registered
So, I have a 2004 Busa with a PCIIIusb and I was out on a ride the other day and got onto the highway and everything was going good until I was getting off the highway and the bike was stalling when I was trying to give it throttle and down shifting. Since then I haven't been able to start it except a little bit of running with starter fluid.

I initially was checking with my manual and my plugs weren't damp after trying to start, there was fuel draining from the pump when I pulled the fuel line off and my fuel pressure gauge was reading 0. So I took that as a bad fuel pump and ordered a new one and got it installed. Since that has been installed its still priming when you turn the bike on and I am getting damp plugs after attempting to start now, but still no start. When I take the fuel line off now there is no fuel draining, but it does run fuel when you prime it. I'm almost certain that my 2 fuel pressure testers are bad now since both are reading 0 even with the new fresh pump. I am checking the pressure with a line with a T in it that attaches to the fuel pressure gauge. I have checked and there is spark at the plugs as well, also, put it in dealer mode and I am getting a C00 no issues. I am pretty lost on where to go next, any help would be appreciated.

If it starts with starting fluid but not without it its a fuel problem. Try a new tester first, then id try the fuel filter mod by chrisjp. That'll rule out the internal filter being clogged. U can also do a volume test i believe its 500ml within 10-20 seconds i believe going to have to double check that. But if fuel pressure is actually 0 make sure the regulator didn't pop off or is bad, don't know how to test if that's faulty but they are only like $50

To be 100% certain the injectors ARE . . . or ARE NOT spraying fuel, remove the airbox, open the throttle and with a flashlight look down the intakes in the throttle bodies, crank the motor with the starter and look for fuel spraying out of the injector nozzles. . . or, remove the injectors leaving them plugged into the connectors and crank the motor with the starter.
This will confirm one way or another if the fuel pump is working and sending pressurized fuel to the fuel rail and if the injectors are working also.

Back