2000 With Fuel Issues

Woody109

Registered
So I'm having trouble with me ride since GIXERHP did the tranny swap . It starts and will idle but falls flat on its face when you give it any throttle. John suggested a pinched fuel line and it looked like that was the issue so I changed the fuel lines. Still no go. Next I removed the fuel pump assembly to check the filter. Well, the filter was plugged and fell apart when I removed it so that has been replaced. I cleaned the screen on the pressure regulator while it was out but can't get the plastic pump holder out of the pump housing to clean that screen. Any suggestions on how to get that out? Also wondering if I should have fuel going through the pump even when the key is off. Fuel will come out of the return hose even when no power is put to the pump. Is that normal? Helllllp meeeee.............. Thanks

Do you have any idea what the pressure is coming out of the pump?

Do you have any idea what the pressure is coming out of the pump?

No. I don't have any way of measuring fuel pressure. was thinkin about adapting an oil pressure gauge I have laying around, just need to adapt it to the pump. Any ideas on how I might get that plastic piece out? Is there supposed to be fuel going thru the pump even with no power to it? It will gravity feed about the same as is supposed to come out with power to it.

Is there supposed to be fuel going thru the pump even with no power to it? It will gravity feed about the same as is supposed to come out with power to it.

Anyone have any input on this? I would think the check valve would stop fuel flow with no power to the pump. Not sure tho. I flow tested the pump with the return line high enough that it wasn't gravity feeding. Guess I'll need to pressure test the pump.

So if anyone is interested....If you hook a vacuum line to the AP sensor.....The bike won't run worth a shyt. DOH!!!:stoopid::cussing:

Back