180 tire

dewie

Registered
Hey all,
My rear tire is all but done, and I can get a killer deal on a 180/50/17 vs the stocker 190. Is that going to hurt me in anyway?
The bike is for mostly in town and 1/4 mile use.
Thanks

it'll hurt you on the 1/4 mile, but you'll do a little better in the twisties with it. Also, a 180/55 would be better because it will keep the same diameter.

yeah.. what he said. I run nothing but 180 but in the 55 ratio. 50 would PROBABLY work fine if you just need a tire - but don't sue me

I'm told a 180 handles better too. I'd like to buy them from now on too cause they are way cheaper up here. My concern is the rim width, does the 180 fit ok compared to a 190? And will any shop be able to mount it or should I take it to a more specialized sportbike shop (which means driving farther)? I have some bike shops that are closer but they probly never put a 180 on a busa rim before and I don't want them to fugg it up.

(Bryabusa @ Sep. 09 2007,15:flamethrowing:) I'm told a 180 handles better too.  I'd like to buy them from now on too cause they are way cheaper up here. My concern is the rim width, does the 180 fit ok compared to a 190?  And will any shop be able to mount it or should I take it to a more specialized sportbike shop (which means driving farther)?  I have some bike shops that are closer but they probly never put a 180 on a busa rim before and I don't want them to fugg it up.
It will fit and any shop should be able to do it
wink.gif

Haven't heard of anyone using a 180/50, but lots of Busa folks use the 180/55!
wink.gif

Back