190/55/17 anybody?

RACER_X

Registered
so i'm interested in this size tire? anybody have any feedback

no this isn't the 190/50 or 180/55

thing is , it seems only hi-po tires come in this size vs Sport touring that i'm looking for.

comments?

ah i have a 180/55 right now, it looks skinny. the 190/50 was beefy lookin, but 190/55 would give me the look i want and the turn in i want.

ah i have a 180/55 right now, it looks skinny. the 190/50 was beefy lookin, but 190/55 would give me the look i want and the turn in i want.
I will save Steve the post..

you wont notice a difference....

true story:

I had to replace a tire at Deals Gap this year.. so I got 2...

Week after Deals gap I am running a track day and it is time to replace tire (again)

Change tire go back out have a ball... 2 months later, I notice I changed tire sizes without knowing it (was shipped the wrong tire).. and this was a big change...

Moral of the story: dont worry about the handling... wont matter enough to notice... :) (and I can line up the 50 to the 55 tire and have you pick which is which... you will get it right half the time)

Last edited:
Here is an AVON Viper 190/55 sitting next to a Bridgestone 190/50 ... you can see a little difference in height, even with the 55 worn down quite a bit

That being said, you still won't notice much difference...except for the fact that these are completely different compound tires

100_1730.jpg

100_1731.jpg

I run the 190/55 in a Mich 2ct, In my opition I feel the bike is more flickable.

I run the 190/55 in a Mich 2ct, In my opition I feel the bike is more flickable.

I think so too, but according to popular opinion it's just people's imagination...but I don't run one enough to confirm it's not just my imagination~!~

Some of them do have the taller center, but could be brand difference also...so personally I don't have enough verification to say...

I like the 2CT's also (50 series), and have them mounted on my bike for street use

Last edited:
I think so too, but according to popular opinion it's just people's imagination...but I don't run one enough to confirm it's not just my imagination~!~

Some of them do have the taller center, but could be brand difference also...so personally I don't have enough verification to say...

I like the 2CT's also (50 series), and have them mounted on my bike for street use
it is really hard to tell for me and that is running a road course.. there are some quick lefty/righty setups and I would be really hard pressed to tell you what tire is on the bike..

I actually went from a 190/55 to a 180/55 and felt nothing different in the "tip in" or how the bike felt other than the normal "new vs old" thing that comes with every tire change..

In fact I have been riding the 180 since it was installed and only noticed the 180 thing this weekend while checking the bike over after the shake down run on the new transmission...

go figure... if it is a mental thing? good enough :)

i run the 190/55r17 bt-016 bridgestone and it feels taller, better grip, and dips in turns quicker. i did notice and feel a difference from the oem bt-015.

if it is a mental thing? good enough :)

I agree...I think the trust you have in your tires outweighs quite a few other variables...if you trust your tires, you are going to run harder either way about it~!~

I thought about ringing in with a few words of wisdom, but since this topic has been covered about a thousand times already I figured I would just post ***** instead.:smileyexhibit:

I agree...I think the trust you have in your tires outweighs quite a few other variables...if you trust your tires, you are going to run harder either way about it~!~
a lot to be said about "faith" in the tires... :thumbsup:

I have just replaced my rear Bridgestone Bt016 190-50 for a Bridgestone Bt002 190-55 and apart from the superior grip it tips in better and being a taller tyre, and the rear of the bike feels noticeably higher.

Back