180/60 tire on a Busa?

Blkoutbusa

Registered
Anyone run one or have thoughts on running one on a 6" rim? Found a smoking deal on Q4 tires but 180/60 rear has me hesitating.

Thanks

If Dunlop says it's a good fit then you could run it. If Dunlop says no the I would not The HP might over power it though. Depends on how you ride in turns of cranking the loud handle

On my zrx I went from a 170 to a 160 it did improve handling Something about contact patches front and rear being more in line with each other. But I wasn't making 200 HP It did decrease my track day lap times by 1.5 seconds and my race day times by just under three. I have more faith in racers than track day guys to be predictable

I have never heard of anyone
going to a smaller width tire .

I would never personally do it .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQciFtLxMMtOQDKoqUoYKjb717MLN19qcqy1gRPqtSyCp-JGXWK2A.jpg

Not trying to ask them to do more than they should ~ if you buy a higher number they'll last longer . . .​
However, that also means that they will not stick nearly as well as the lower number tires !​
What I've found out is that the 180 / 55 " HOOK - UP " works great for the drags.​
I wouldn't ask that tire to perform well heading up to an Idyllwild ride !​
The " ADVANCE " 005 would be my choice for curving roads .​
The " APEX " 010 would last me a little bit longer.​
Buy whatever you want to go ride with ?​
I'm OK~ with a cheapo Shinko.​
Just my two cents here.​
180 / 60 works !​
Red, *<(:{)-​
:fire:

Running a 180 is not an issue. It actually causes the bike to turn in faster. Lotsa folk been doing it for years on the bus.

On my ZRX I went
from a 170 to a 160
it did improve handling .

Something about contact patches
front and rear being more in line with each other .

But I wasn't making 200 HP .

It did decrease my track day lap times by 1.5 seconds
and my race day times by just under three .

I have more faith in racers
than track day guys
to be predictable .

Shinko 170 / 60 - 17 works out just fine on my ZRX 1200 *

New-170-60-ZR-17-Rear-Shinko-009-Raven.jpg

Back