Used Tires

Itsthatmanb

Registered
A local motorcycle school is selling their used tires (120/70-17 front and 180 and 190/55/17 rear) Dunlop Q2 and Q3s from their practice bikes.

I was thinking about throwing them on, trying them out, and then buying a new set later once I determine which I like more.
I am curious what other members think about this opportunity to pick them up to test both these tires.

**I tried to post this to another discussion regarding Dunlop tires with the link, but it never submitted my responses**

Yes, I have friends that run Q2s and I run their take offs. Just make sure that there is good rubber on the edges, the middle should be fine.

Thank you! He is letting them go $70 a pair. I plan on picking up two sets, a Q2 and Q3.
The images he provided showed the "chicken strips" on the edges. Pretty excited now.

I think you could run them till they get down to the wear bars or just before the cords show.

wow, wish i could grab a set for that price. both the Q2 & Q3 are dynamite for the street and track. I'm on the hunt for a used set to spike them out for some ice runs this winter. :laugh:

Wanted to upload pictures of the set I picked up.
Something tells me I'm going to throw these on my Hornet instead of the 'Busa.

20131107_161714.jpg

20131107_161731.jpg

Picked up just one set.
Think they will end up going on my Hornet and I'll just buy a new set of Q3's.
What are your thoughts?

20131107_161714.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone on the forum have any input on using these take offs on the 'busa? I am considering getting them installed tomorrow. $40/tire mount and balance on bike.

Looks like they still have plenty of meat on them. They have more than my current set of Q2s.

If I was in AZ right now, I would buy a couple of sets at that price if they were all in similar condition.

I'm jealous. I need a new set and the best I can find for Q3's right now is $258 for a set.

I have never used the Q2 or Q3s prior, but with all of the positive reviews, I figured this would be a great opportunity. If all goes well - I'll grab a set after the new year. :thumbsup:

Anyone on the forum have any input on using these take offs on the 'busa? I am considering getting them installed tomorrow. $40/tire mount and balance on bike.

That's all I've used for the past year. I have friends that run track days and when they're done, I buy them cheap as I need them. They have lots of meat in the middle and aren't too worn down on the sides so it all works out.

That's all I've used for the past year. I have friends that run track days and when they're done, I buy them cheap as I need them. They have lots of meat in the middle and aren't too worn down on the sides so it all works out.

Nice! Hey, if your friends every have any extras in good shape they want to sell, let me know. You're only about 30 min or so from where I am :poke::laugh:

Those tires are nowhere near spent and a few miles down the road you'll knock those boogers right off.

Back