16/42

ME LIKEY 16/42!!!

My Comparo... Stock is like a mature 30ish year old... can get crazy when he wants... 16/42 (esprcially with a full exhaust) is like an 11 year old with ADHD... "I wanna wheelie!! I wanna wheelie!!! "
biggrin.gif

PS... I have ADHD
laugh.gif
Rytalin and sportbikes intersting combo?

What is your freeway 75MPH cruise RPM with 16/42?
I have a 16 up front and thats enough
wow.gif
biggrin.gif
I have to ease into the throttle in first and second to keep the front wheel down. More than enough pull for me
tounge.gif
Any more gearing seems like it would put your cruising speed in the vibe zone and make things kinda buzzy?

biggrin.gif

I'm running 17/42 and the front gets very light in first when I wrap it out, comes up if my wife's on back. I don't think I'll gear any lower than that

I'm thinking 14/45 next go around. Ah, a top speed of 100mph.
tounge.gif

So are you for or against it?  Not sure what you are trying to say with this info:

here is a comparison of stock gearing and 16/42
stock:
1,2,3,4,5,6 gears
16/42:
.5,1,2,3,4,5 gears
Judging the pull through the gears on stock gearing. Comparing 16/42 gearing to stock, this is what the pull of the gears feel like using the same testing.

Passing cars in 6th is HELLA FAST. NO NEED to down shift. But if you do happen to pass cars in 3rd or 4th is AMAZING. Leave them a half behind. Remember you are picking up speed alot faster than normal.

My cruise at 65-70mph is around 4250k RPM. I have no buzzing, but the engine does not sound as calm as it would with stock gearing, same speed.

My mileage BEFORE, being a baby on the throttle I got 48.x-50.0MPG and 260Miles to the tank FULL to the gas cap. I will have to test this again with 16/42gearing

Unless you want first gear to be useless in a race lol

The gearing is SICK, no 2 ways around that

here is a comparison of stock gearing and 16/42
stock:
1,2,3,4,5,6 gears
16/42:
.5,1,2,3,4,5 gears

16/42:  1st column=indicated 2nd coloum=GPS actual
20 = 16
35 = 30
60 = 50
70 = 60
80 = 65
85 = 70

It seems like you need to #### up in 6th gear, you will be looking for 7th gear all day lol (Gear indicater anyone?)

first comes up fast as hell with not effort, 1/4 turn throttle at speed in first and your up real fast. 2nd 1/2 throttle power up.
With a passenger in 2nd gear. I shifted early out of first, positioned my self lower, nailed the throttle expecting just to go fast but the thing unexpectantly shot up faster that it would in first gear carrying a passenger on stock gearing.

Acceleration is just monsterous.  Just from coming off the clutch in first you move out alot more looks like you are racing off the line went you are just cruising to 40mph.

What else can I say, its just amazing.  OH btw I have GOLD EK ZVM2 and gold rear sprocket. looks cool.
I have 17/42 and love it!!!!

I think it's one of those things that boils down to a matter of preference~ I had been running the 16/42 combo for a couple months now~ I, personally, found it to be too low geared for running around town~ With the HMFs on there... the bike was screaming ("Hey, Mr. Popo, look at me!") all the way through the gears~ Just this weekend I put the stock 40T back on the rear and left the 16T in front~ I like this much better and now the HMFs only scream when I lay into the throttle~ For me this is much better....
smile.gif

Yep I like the set up, works just fine for me. 16/42, just gotta get used to the new Rs and get a speedo healer. Still goes like a bat outta hell. I can still get 40mpg. Smiles all the way
smile.gif

For extended high speed, long distance rides, I didn't see the sense of shorter gearing. But hey, around town it's good for amusement!

I've ran 17/40 16/40 16/42 and 17/42. For me the 16/42 works best at the strip. The 17/42 works best on the street. I just swap the countershaft sprocket before I head to the strip. I just got a 43 rear to try at thr strip for a 16/43 combo. I'm trying to peak 4th in the 1/4.

I came up on a wheelie in 3rd gear with my 16/42 setup. Full Micron exhaust and some special tuning by Johnnycheese.
biggrin.gif
I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO STOCK GEARING!!

love my 16/42 combo-she rips in every gear and I love the sound when I come off the throttle and the HMFs let loose with that "Grrrroooowwwwllllll"
smile.gif

You run out of the lower gears REALLY fast! Most of the time the tire is hazing or spinning on the city streets or you are fighting to keep it down. I've stretched her a bit and on the track when she hooks it's just amazing!
This set up is definately NOT for the majoritive street rider.

Back