16/42 Gearing

paineless4u

Donating Member
Registered
I hit the rev limiter today and was curious what the top speed was? 150?
I have 16/42 gearing. I know the mph needle was buried at about 10k rpm's and it started missing at approx 12k.
Road was going pretty fast so the rpm numbers I just mentioned may be off but I definately heard it hit the rev limiter. Anyway Just wondering if maybe someone has a speedo healer and that type of gearing what the mph would be.

Thanks

I'd like to know this as well, with and without the extended ECM.

painless...16/42 is going to get you 170.75 mph at 10,250 rpm, if everything else is stock. Just posted all the ratio/mph for someone else under tech. If you want the calculator, I can send it to you.

<!--EDIT|moondog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115522280 -->

...from what I have heard, the top spped with the changed sprockets is about 175 - 177!

somewhere near 167,but it really depends upon where your rev limiter kicks in and how much clutch slip you have,a taller or shorter rear tire will also effect what your speed is

I checked it out but I don't know the circumference of the stock wheel. The calc is defaulted at 77 wheel size but if I plug in the 16/42 at like 12000rpm is says I was going 191 mph
Not that it really matters but I am curious how fast exactly I was going and at what rpm the rev kicked in. Might have to get a speedo healer:)

Thanks

Get the SpeedoHealer. With the remote function you can always get your max speed at the touch of a button.
biggrin.gif

I checked it out but I don't know the circumference of the stock wheel. The calc is defaulted at 77 wheel size but if I plug in the 16/42 at like 12000rpm is says I was going 191 mph
Not that it really matters but I am curious how fast exactly I was going and at what rpm the rev kicked in. Might have to get a speedo healer:)

Thanks
If you have a TRE, it should be right around 180mph but.....

...you will need to get a GPS to know for sure.

P.S....that is with stock tire and ECU with a 10,800 RPM fuel cut off.

Back