1585cc motor

OB_bigabusa

Registered
now building the bigabusa. the cranks come in lighter than my falicon 5mm super crank. the new crank weighs 22.4 pounds. the rods weigh a little more than stock will give an exact weight when i get my gramme scales back from repair. The only case clearancing has been around the bottom of #1. nothing major, just where the case gives clearance for the balancer shaft installation.
for those of you who don't know about this project: the billet crank is 8.5mm over on the stroke (71.5mm) it's made from EN40T fully cross drilled, nitrided and ground. runs without the balancer shaft gear. it runs 40mm big ends (std's 38mm). the rods are machined all over steel forgings made shorter so not to push the 84mm JE pistons out the top. once proven the whole package will be up for sale. i should have pictures on my webb site soon. www.tts-performance.co.uk.

I'm sure the more hp your motor puts out the more it will be worth.

How much did this new crank cost?

Are you planning on useing lectrons & Dyna Ignition?

How often do you think that you will have to replace the main crank bearings on a motor of that size without roller bearings? Is this for a streetbike or dragbike application. None the less it sounds wild!

Hell yeah!! A 1600 for the street, cool.

Let us know what kind of power it makes on the dyno.

Where did you get the custom cranks made? I've been toying with the idea of making a custom crank for some nonBusa applications.

Jamie
ZX1206@aol.com

Richard;

Do you still want the short rods you have on order here? Be nice to my wife when you see her :>

Jay

Jay. were this rods for a 'busa. I can't remember ordering any? I think I have one set of GSXR11W still outstanding with you. Please advise. Thanks.

Richard;

Sorry, that was someone else. You have a set of GSXR750SRAD rods here that are going out in your next shipment.

Jay

if its en30 or40 billet i.m in.hey daynat is curious as to its properties.and as to whether it is omniforous.i know the fuel cars and scat and la crankshafts use the british en30.i figured the strength was ther with the material.thats why i e-mailed you when you first posted back when.

Back