14R vs Gen 2 Busa

the 14 has almost a 100 ci on the genII. if it wasnt faster then something would be seriously wrong with it. they both weigh about the same

the 14 has almost a 100 ci on the genII. if it wasnt faster then something would be seriously wrong with it. they both weigh about the same

You guys are gonna get a HUGE wake-up call in regard to the new ZX14 . . . should happen in about a week, and POWERHOUSE will be behind it. Make no mistake, my turbo busa doesn't care either way . . .:laugh:

I just feel sorry for the rider who hops on board the 14 (or Busa either for that matter) thinking that because he is on a fast bike that he can hang with the big dogs in his town

For what its worth and i know it isnt much but I think kawa has put the smack down on the busa once and for all. at least for a while. i mean they really did take it to a new level by going to a 1441 from a 1356. it was cheesy in my opinion that zuk only came out with a 1340 to answer the ninja anyway. yes i think when they did it was quicker and faster with less cc but it wasnt anything definitive like this leap kawi did. im glad they did it myself. in order for zuk to actually beat this bike and be king again they will have to actually get off their butts and do some real r and d and come out with something truly modern instead of a hodge podge of updates from other bikes. abs, suspension etc. and of course the engine and electrical system. Lets see what happens. Im in no hurry. cant buy one for about 3 years anyway and that should be about right........I love my busa and i love the busa in general but lets get the bike updated the way it needs to be. state of the art. be the busa today that the busa was when it came out in 99....

The 14R is going to make a killer drag bike I think. They have done a lot of research on this I have read. A lot of its success at the strip will depend on what Kawai did with the new engine. If they make it more modifiable than the previous head/case assembly then it will be a true power horse at the strip. We'll see though..... I'm still a Busa guy, and will be forever!

:popcorn:

For what its worth and i know it isnt much but I think kawa has put the smack down on the busa once and for all. at least for a while. i mean they really did take it to a new level by going to a 1441 from a 1356. it was cheesy in my opinion that zuk only came out with a 1340 to answer the ninja anyway. yes i think when they did it was quicker and faster with less cc but it wasnt anything definitive like this leap kawi did. im glad they did it myself. in order for zuk to actually beat this bike and be king again they will have to actually get off their butts and do some real r and d and come out with something truly modern instead of a hodge podge of updates from other bikes. abs, suspension etc. and of course the engine and electrical system. Lets see what happens. Im in no hurry. cant buy one for about 3 years anyway and that should be about right........I love my busa and i love the busa in general but lets get the bike updated the way it needs to be. state of the art. be the busa today that the busa was when it came out in 99....

Although I agree that Kawasaki has indeed put the smack down on Suzuki, and the corporate big-wigs over at Suzuki have been sitting on their arses (probably in their beemers), this hasn't stopped anyone from updating their Busas on their own. Why would you want to wait to see what may come in 2013? You have a nice bike right now, you just need to step it up a bit. I think that's why God created turbos . . .:laugh:

Competition is healthy between rival companies and the result is a better product that continues to evolve. The only downside is that it forces us to upgrade what we have to be competitive or buy the latest and greatest....

furthermore, a redesign from Suzuki would most likely boost there sales that they were struggling with in the past. i suspect a new busa within a couple of years after they sell off the "overproduction stock" when the economy flopped.

What I find funny is they never show Rickey's fastest pass on the Busa only his slowest of a 10.25. Makes you actually wonder how fast he went on it compared to his pass on the 14.

Although I agree that Kawasaki has indeed put the smack down on Suzuki, and the corporate big-wigs over at Suzuki have been sitting on their arses (probably in their beemers), this hasn't stopped anyone from updating their Busas on their own. Why would you want to wait to see what may come in 2013? You have a nice bike right now, you just need to step it up a bit. I think that's why God created turbos . . .:laugh:

I thought Dr. Alfred Buchi created the turbo? LOL

You make some good points. Afterall, other than bragging rights, how many Busa owners in the world would actually have an opportunity to personally verify which bike is faster/quicker? I think the majority of riders will never experience the full power potential of their Busas. The small percentage that actually do realize that potential on the dragstrip or elsewhere do, as you said, have the option of making their already insanely fast and quick Busa's faster and quicker. And probably for a lot less $$ than buying a new ZX14R. I'm happy to be a Busa owner...an emensly powerful bike and I can still say that when my bike was produced, it was the fastest/quickest production bike available.

That said, I hope that when I finally wear out my Busa, that the next Gen of Busa is available and is once again the king bikes. :thumbsup:

:please::please: Please, when will it end. :rulez::rulez: Being on top was good. :thumbsup: The Busa is still a wonderful bike.
How would a 14R do against a 1000RR? :laugh:

well very true. i have some decisions to make regarding that. i do have a 1397 kit on it now and to put a turbo on that would be. well. ok really cool.lol. an update would be nice as well though.

Back