10000 miles...

dagwood

Registered
On my commute home from work last night I noticed that the bike was approaching the 10k milestone. I instantly began to curse myself for not having my digital camera in my tankbag to commemorate the occasion, so I thought I would post up on the board this morning. I have owned a lot of bikes in the past, but I have to tell ya...this busa is the most trouble free machine I've ever had the pleasure of riding. Regular oil changes, two chain adjustments, and new tires are all I have really needed to do to it. All of the bolts have remained within spec and my service manual has been collecting dust in my shop. I bought the Hayabusa the week before Christmas 2005 as a gift to myself after having had to endure the seventh ring of hell, commonly known as Buell ownership. With that bike perpetually in the shop for repairs to fix a myriad of electrical gremlins, I was desperate to find a bike that could serve as my (reliable) daily driver. Well folks, I am happy to say that I have found it. 10000 miles in almost exactly 6 months and running as strong as that first night in late December....
bowdown.gif

12500 for me    bike scratched once, the only thing broken was ME  
tounge.gif
  bike still runs perfect had her since march of 05 due to the knee couldn't ride for around 5 mths

<!--EDIT|onerabidshark
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151510686 -->

Hip, hip, hurrahh! Congrats! I just turned 7,000 miles on my beloved 05 Busa and aside from being just a few miles away from ordering OEM rear tire number two, she's given me nothing but trouble free, ear-to-ear grinning enjoyable miles!
Long live the mighty bus!!!
smile.gif

hmmm, so I guess my 3300 miles in just over 2 years is not something to brag about
mad.gif

laugh.gif

Good news to hear so many happy owners with mileage.
I'll be putting approx. 14,500/yr on mine sharing 50% DD chores with my truck.
39 days old and 2050 miles

41 MPG and lovin it!!!

looking good there brutha! I just turned 16k on mine...then my dumb a55 had to 12-o'clock it n now she's sitn in ICU (i.e:warehouse) waitn for some limb transplants (all new plastics n sum hard parts) then she's back to burnin thru rubber shoes:)

Understood, I just crossed the 33k threshold and have done nothing more than the usual oil change/tune and she runs just as strong as day one. Big thumbs up
to Suz!!!

Back