State Trooper Congratulated me on hitting 10,000 miles!

Thanks. Guess it will be one to remember. I had a hell of a time keeping it under 60 after getting my ticket. The trooper followed me for almost 4 miles after.. I'm just going to write this off as bad luck. :banghead:

Ok......so he was a douche bag!?? :laugh:

Re: State Trooper Congratulated me ... UPDATED!

FOLLOW UP:

Well I went to court yesterday... took about an hour and a half, but I was able to talk to the ADA and she reduced it to a $125 parking ticket. NO POINTS! Yay! :cheerleader:

Last edited:

FOLLOW UP:

Well I went to court yesterday... took about an hour and a half, but I was able to talk to the ADA and she reduced it to a $125 parking ticket. NO POINTS! Yay! :cheerleader:

Congrats! That's the nicest news I've heard thus far, today! :beerchug:

Ouch...hate to see what you'll get for your 20k present:laugh:

I'm really surprised, since you pulled over, and showed him your odometer, that he didn't just warn you. Oh well.

FOLLOW UP:

Awesome. More and More cops are being more polite and easier on bikers in my town. They usually are just happy you pulled over and didnt try to run. There is a lot of fleeing and eluding out here. LOL

Ya, wasn't the cop that let me off.. I'm sure the trooper is prbly pissed I got the ticket reduced. The assistant district attorney is the one that helped me out.

The trooper was a complete douche.

got 2 tickets last summer, the first for 70 in a 60. told the motorcycle cop that got me that it was my first speeding ticket my whole life (which is true) and asked for a warning. he told me it was his job to write tickets. my next one came 5 days later leaving work--65 in a 60. i have cdl so every ticket hits my dl. now i pay 210 p/mo for insurance. youd think they could find somethin else to do.

They actually wrote you for 65 in a 60 AND it held up in court? ???

FOLLOW UP:

No THAT is something to be congratulated! Well done! :clap:

Ya, wasn't the cop that let me off.. I'm sure the trooper is prbly pissed I got the ticket reduced. The assistant district attorney is the one that helped me out.

The trooper was a complete douche.

Regardless of whether the ticketing office is professional or a jerk, I have fought/gone to court for every traffic ticket over the years and in EVERY case I have managed to fare better than if I had not gone to court.

I've seen stats that say that up to 90% of those whom receive traffic citations don't even realize that they can go to court to fight. Remember...

ALWAYS fight the ticket (unless the cop has given you a HUGE break in the first place).

Back