10-Year Anniversary Freshen-up

Is brake envy really possible??

It's funny with parts like this because you get "parts worship". Right now they feel like I have the Starship Enterprise laid out on my bed, almost don't want to put them on the bike. In six months they'll just be my brakes, no biggie! I was thinking last night that those brakes could be in a WSBK garage! That's pretty crazy to me, especially since I'm The Slow Rider!

I was not sure about this investment in the Busa frankly. The Bike sees a lot less miles and now the motorcycle is absolutely not sellable, I would have to give it away. There are always good and bad times, and I have always looked at toys as balancing fun and retainable value. But I like the challenge of seeing the vision through, and this has been fun so far.

It's funny with parts like this because you get "parts worship". Right now they feel like I have the Starship Enterprise laid out on my bed, almost don't want to put them on the bike. In six months they'll just be my brakes, no biggie! I was thinking last night that those brakes could be in a WSBK garage! That's pretty crazy to me, especially since I'm The Slow Rider!

I was not sure about this investment in the Busa frankly. The Bike sees a lot less miles and now the motorcycle is absolutely not sellable, I would have to give it away. There are always good and bad times, and I have always looked at toys as balancing fun and retainable value. But I like the challenge of seeing the vision through, and this has been fun so far.

No worries Arch...... Parts like those will ALWAYS hold their value even if the bike they are on doesn’t. Keep your old stuff and if push comes to shove you can always find a buyer for high end bits like that and just put your old stuff back on

Trying to get the correct size for the Kanji. Painter wants dimensions! Anyway, I found out no two kanjis are alike. Very frustrating. I may have to make my own pattern that is stylized to match m needs. Here are some tests of a 25" and a 31" Kanji. The larger one is much closer to the concept. Sorry for the pig pen garage!

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Slide8.JPG

Slide9.JPG

Slide13.JPG

Slide14.JPG

The goal was to look at the fit, not confirm the concept. he larger version seems pretty close but the Photoshop image the kanji is rotated counter clockwise a bit and the horizontal stroke on the kanji hits below the rib in the fairing. May need a little smaller kanji.
I get that, what I was meaning it's hard to see how it fits because the white alters how I'm perceiving the size of the kanji.

I think we have all at one time seen the next year's Busa colors, and though That one is just awesome.
Only to see it in person, and, meh, not so much.
With that in mind, and considering paint itself can cost as much as you want to spend; if it were me(just my thoughts), I would buy some painters tape and the closest colors of spray plasti-dip to what I thought I wanted.
Mask it well, but give it 10' spray job, as in not caring about runs, orange peel, etc.
That way I could stand back, walk around it, and make a few changes if needed.
Just to get a realistic view of what I think I want, and to tell if it really works for me in real life.
I've done this with colored tape, paper, and different types of sticker sheets to all my past bikes. Granted I only make subtle changes, but it works for details.
Now, with plasti-dip(which I have not used before), it seems like a cheap way to decide what you really want.
@InfiniteReality has shown us some wizardry with that stuff!

Back