10-Year Anniversary Freshen-up

I think it looks good Arch..i did like your red idea allot better but of course I'm biased to a red busa. But this looks good especially matching your other bike like that:thumbsup:

lol... im just telling u what looks GREAT.... and yes there are alot of murdered out busas….. 90 percent of which are done on a ridiculous spray can budget with ZERO imagination.... most black bikes don't match anything up or try to be creative with it at all.... WHAT COLOR are ure wheels?
black

I love black.. red accents are FIRE
1553463547623.png

I knew u were gonna comment on the girl... funny thing is I hardly noticed she was there.... im blessed I guess, ive had many beautiful women during my time…. at one point in my life I scheduled a date for every time I had a night off of work... plentyoffish..... I probably dated over 100 women just from that site.... lol.... that's how I met my current fiancée... I dated a friend of hers friend.....

I knew u were gonna comment on the girl... funny thing is I hardly noticed she was there.... im blessed I guess, ive had many beautiful women during my time…. at one point in my life I scheduled a date for every time I had a night off of work... plentyoffish..... I probably dated over 100 women just from that site.... lol.... that's how I met my current fiancée... I dated a friend of hers friend.....
But I heard you have small hands...… Trick isn't getting the first date it's getting the second one.

"NETFLIX and CHILL"...……………. u would be amazed how many women in their 20s are TOTALLY OK with this as a first date....... god bless America.

In think this is my color scheme. Lupin Blue (BMW Color) and gloss black. Dash panels will be gloss black too. Kanji is dark aluminum color. These are some Photoshops I did.

No other badges. Getting paint priced now.View attachment 1596445
View attachment 1596447

View attachment 1596446
Willie, are you going to put your trust on your maaco guy to do this paint job or are you looking at the more expensive options in your area? Are you using your existing fairings or are you replacing the ones you repaired, with non repaired OEM used ones to take to the painter? Are you keeping the dash panels textured black or are you planning on matching them with the rest of your bike’s paint scheme or...... carbon fiber ones? Have you considered having the windscreen and mirrors painted to match? And lastly, when do you expect to see the finished product? The more I look at your design, the more I like it! :thumbsup:

Willie, are you going to put your trust on your maaco guy to do this paint job or are you looking at the more expensive options in your area? Are you using your existing fairings or are you replacing the ones you repaired, with non repaired OEM used ones to take to the painter? Are you keeping the dash panels textured black or are you planning on matching them with the rest of your bike’s paint scheme or...... carbon fiber ones? Have you considered having the windscreen and mirrors painted to match? And lastly, when do you expect to see the finished product? The more I look at your design, the more I like it! :thumbsup:

Well......
1. No on MAACO. They don't do detailed painting (1 color per panel). I could probably let them paint it and do a vinyl kanji. Rather have it all done by someone.
2. Looking at plastic fairings. I offered to give them the design so they can reproduce it, they are considering it. Will post details when they evolve. Priced new OEM and that's about $2,400 plus $1,800 for the paint. Not willing to part with that kind of cash.
3. Current OEM fairings are shot. Looks like ABS it is one way or another.
4. I want to go with blue smooth inner panels and dash panels. Or possible CF. May need your guys contact.
5. Clear screens for me. I sometimes look through them and video a lot through them. Also the front of the bike is massive enough, don't want to increase that visually with a solid screen!
6. Currently have wrapped CF GSXR1K mirrors. Will probably go black GSXR1K mirrors, as I like them well enough and they are cheap.
7. Who knows when I'll be done! I don't have a commitment on the paint scheme yet. Gotta get forks fixed, waiting on wheels...

Well......
1. No on MAACO. They don't do detailed painting (1 color per panel). I could probably let them paint it and do a vinyl kanji. Rather have it all done by someone.
2. Looking at plastic fairings. I offered to give them the design so they can reproduce it, they are considering it. Will post details when they evolve. Priced new OEM and that's about $2,400 plus $1,800 for the paint. Not willing to part with that kind of cash.
3. Current OEM fairings are shot. Looks like ABS it is one way or another.
4. I want to go with blue smooth inner panels and dash panels. Or possible CF. May need your guys contact.
5. Clear screens for me. I sometimes look through them and video a lot through them. Also the front of the bike is massive enough, don't want to increase that visually with a solid screen!
6. Currently have wrapped CF GSXR1K mirrors. Will probably go black GSXR1K mirrors, as I like them well enough and they are cheap.
7. Who knows when I'll be done! I don't have a commitment on the paint scheme yet. Gotta get forks fixed, waiting on wheels...
If you decide to get it painted locally, race ready sometimes offers sanded and primed inner and dash panels that are prepped for you to paint. That might be an option. I have used a guy that’s a really good motorcycle painter and owns a custom 2009 busa. Wish you were local, so he could do your paint job. Even though, I’m sure you have some good guys up there as well.

Well this is the finest way to stop a Busa available! It is beautiful in person and the feel of the parts are amazing. The Brembo rotors are even sticky to the touch! Never felt a rotor quite like it, very interesting. There is a surface conditioning that feels like it's cutting your hand.

I was riding the Busa this weekend and a thought occurred to me: What if this is too much braking for a street ridden bike with no ABS? The old 108 mm Brembo calipers and RCS pump are pretty aggressive, you have to respect the lever or the bike will stop but you'll keep going. So these my actually be difficult to manage. I talked to my tuner and he thinks it's way too much braking (surprised he didn't make me a low offer, lol!), we'll see.

The nickel is nice and unlike any coating I have seen. It's not copper, ti, or gold. Much more mirror looking than most metals. Sort of thinking now I could have saved the $200 and went for the black ones given where my paint scheme has been going. Definitely bling gentleman, yes blinged as heck!

Thanks Frank!

Brembo 06.jpg

Brembo 01.jpg

Brembo 02.jpg

Well this is the finest way to stop a Busa available! It is beautiful in person and the feel of the parts are amazing. The Brembo rotors are even sticky to the touch! Never felt a rotor quite like it, very interesting. There is a surface conditioning that feels like it's cutting your hand.

I was riding the Busa this weekend and a thought occurred to me: What if this is too much braking for a street ridden bike with no ABS? The old 108 mm Brembo calipers and RCS pump are pretty aggressive, you have to respect the lever or the bike will stop but you'll keep going. So these my actually be difficult to manage. I talked to my tuner and he thinks it's way too much braking (surprised he didn't make me a low offer, lol!), we'll see.

The nickel is nice and unlike any coating I have seen. It's not copper, ti, or gold. Much more mirror looking than most metals. Sort of thinking now I could have saved the $200 and went for the black ones given where my paint scheme has been going. Definitely bling gentleman, yes blinged as heck!

Thanks Frank!

View attachment 1596687

View attachment 1596688

View attachment 1596689
Very nice Arch , the nickle is real trick !! Don't freak about the braking power you will now have bro , this will be very strong but very streetable , looking forward to your review !!:):thumbsup:

Back