+1 raising links

I believe the +1's are the SH!D !!!!
super.gif

I also believe GMBusa sold me mine.....
super.gif

super.gif

The sv650 links are correct for raising the busa 1 inch in the back.

Welcome to the handling club!

Tried installing mine a couple months ago, but couldn't get the damn top bolt off...need to borrow a hammer drill.

Did you have to remove your exhaust mid-pipe to get the bolt out?
Hammer drill? are you serious,what the hell you gonna do with a hammer drill
all_coholic.gif

you probably just needed to take a little more weight off,bolt should slide right out,i just changed my rear shock the other day,use a hydrolic jack placed right under that "U" shaped piece of metel under the knuckle.just inch it up until the bolts slide out..easy!
Meant impact drill...and BTW there was no weight on the rear wheel. Those damn bolts are almost impossible to loosen. Got one out using a sledge hammer to bust it loose but the other one started stripping.

so today was the first ride of the season for me and i must say the +1 raising links do make the bike feel 100lbs lighter. i was cautious being this is my first ride and i was trying to get reacquainted with her but as soon as i went to sway in my lane a little i noticed right away how much more responsive she is. what took some effort now comes with ease. i'm not even talking about any leaning, just cruising around was a world of difference. basically more reaction with less input. i'm glad i did it, for my riding style it suits me well.
About time
thumb_up.gif

Tried installing mine a couple months ago, but couldn't get the damn top bolt off...need to borrow a hammer drill.

No you don't...you can slide the sleeve in the shock link enough (to the left side of the bike, but only enough to remove the bolt)  to get the bolt out, once you get the nut off.

all_coholic.gif

you probably just needed to take a little more weight off,bolt should slide right out,i just changed my rear shock the other day,use a hydrolic jack placed right under that "U" shaped piece of metel under the knuckle.just inch it up until the bolts slide out..easy!
Meant impact drill...and BTW there was no weight on the rear wheel.  Those damn bolts are almost impossible to loosen.  Got one out using a sledge hammer to bust it loose but the other one started stripping.
its not the rear wheel that you need to lift weight from,its the weight og the bike/motor,jack it up from under the oil pan.and just feather it until you can push out with a finger,if it doent slide right out,your doing something wrong

can it be raise with a three hole dog bone? I have a pair that I dont use. The PO used the DB to lower the bike. I returned it to stock for the handling. If raising makes it turn better, Im all for it.

all_coholic.gif

Meant impact drill...and BTW there was no weight on the rear wheel.  Those damn bolts are almost impossible to loosen.  Got one out using a sledge hammer to bust it loose but the other one started stripping.
its not the rear wheel that you need to lift weight from,its the weight og the bike/motor,jack it up from under the oil pan.and just feather it until you can push out with a finger,if it doent slide right out,your doing something wrong
With stock exhaust the upper bolt is hard to get out do to the tight fit of the mid pipe on the right side.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
DEVLDOG @ Jun. 21 2008 said:
1455089[/ATTACH] PM]

all_coholic.gif

With stock exhaust the upper bolt is hard to get out do to the tight fit of the mid pipe on the right side.
but if he can get a "sledge hammer" on it then he has enough room to be able to just push it out weather the midpipe is in the way or not,correct?

I dont know,i've had mine out a few times,literally took about 15 min to remove/install the brocks fully adjustable links,including taking the bellypan and Brocks alien head i have on there,if you get the weight off (but not too much) they almost fall out,

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

all_coholic.gif

Break the torque with the bike on its wheels.

Then lift it up and remove the bolts
winkold.gif

Has anyone tried the links from an SV650?
Are you serious?
wtf.gif

Are you thinking of taking links off a lightweight v-twin bike and installing them on a heavy weight Busa?  Tell me I am misunderstanding what your question is, please.....
Actually I am serious. I have a set of links from an SV and they are just as thick as Busa links. I am sure they are also the same grade of aluminum. I've been hearing about SV links for years and not one problem. I have heard of aftermarket adjustable links failing many times.

I first installed mine when I had a 4 into 2 exhaust, and I believe I had to remove the left midpipe to remove the top bolt. The way the factory installed the bolts on mine, if I had been running 4 into one at the time no exhaust removal would be required.

Don't forget the chain adjustment; it will change quite a bit with the links installed.

By far one of the better Mod's for handling.

I also have the front lowered 1/2 inch and 43 tooth rear sprocket. Bike is now way fast out of corners and very forgiving with the torque curve of the motor. With a good set of tires the bike puts all the power to the ground without the front pointing to the sky.
thumb_up.gif

Back