+1 raising links

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
so today was the first ride of the season for me and i must say the +1 raising links do make the bike feel 100lbs lighter. i was cautious being this is my first ride and i was trying to get reacquainted with her but as soon as i went to sway in my lane a little i noticed right away how much more responsive she is. what took some effort now comes with ease. i'm not even talking about any leaning, just cruising around was a world of difference. basically more reaction with less input. i'm glad i did it, for my riding style it suits me well.

ThumbsUp.gif

I've had mine on since '03. My original plan was to use them on my trips to the mountains and remove them when I return home to the land of flat, straight and boring. I like the way the bike handles with them, so I have left them on. Straight line stability is still good, even at stupid speeds, and I am not serious enough at the strip to change 'em either, I just strap the front.

Tried installing mine a couple months ago, but couldn't get the damn top bolt off...need to borrow a hammer drill.

Did you have to remove your exhaust mid-pipe to get the bolt out?

You are so right Rev...Me and some NorCal guys are doing a track day on Sunday and I'm so glad they are on! Besides geometry and handling, one even has additional cornering clearance. As you can see, I even leave it raised for sport touring. Raydog

P1010491.JPG

It's still one of my favorite mods. You're right, it gives the bike a much lighter feel. The only drawback, and it was only at first, was my wife tended to slide forward on the seat a little. She adjusted the way she balanced and all was good
thumb_up.gif

Tried installing mine a couple months ago, but couldn't get the damn top bolt off...need to borrow a hammer drill.

Hammer drill? are you serious,what the hell you gonna do with a hammer drill
all_coholic.gif

you probably just needed to take a little more weight off,bolt should slide right out,i just changed my rear shock the other day,use a hydrolic jack placed right under that "U" shaped piece of metel under the knuckle.just inch it up until the bolts slide out..easy!

Hammer drill? are you serious,what the hell you gonna do with a hammer drill
all_coholic.gif

you probably just needed to take a little more weight off,bolt should slide right out,i just changed my rear shock the other day,use a hydrolic jack placed right under that "U" shaped piece of metel under the knuckle.just inch it up until the bolts slide out..easy!

Back