Raising link

TXBusa05LE

Registered
I’ve seen one thread on this and it doesn’t go into much detail/opinion, so I wanted yours. I was looking at the +1 raising links. What are the pros/cons? Gracias!

I'm going to attempt a link:

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PM-17-Raising-links-1-inch-Hayabusa-GSXR-1300_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35592QQitemZ45922
19665QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....meZWDVW</a>

If it doesn't work, eBay # 4592219665

Better handling in the corners...
Easier to bring the front end up; as if that was ever a problem before!
putting new dog bones in is fairly simple, just make sure you have your bike secured. either from the ceiling or using the bolt method through the frame....

Rather than create a new thread, I'm resurrecting this one from the dead for pt 2 of the link question. :laugh:

Exactly how much friggin torque is on those bolts/nuts?? I have my links, I'm ready for install but holy snapple they are on there good! I'm using a 2' cheater on my socket and it's barely making a dent. I'm guessing someone's going to say use an impact - duh - but I don't have one handy and would like to have this done using hand tools and my trusty torque wrench. They don't appear to be left-hand threaded so I'm fairly sure I'm doing that part right. :rofl:

Also, if the bolts or nuts do get rounded I'm hoping my local Ace Hardware has something that will replace them. I noticed the heads on the bolts are quite shallow and don't offer much up for the socket to bite in to.

Yeah, they're a biotch to get off the first time. And there may be loctite on 'em, too. Correct torque is 56.5 lb-ft(78 N-m).

You need to break the bolts loose from the nut end...don't even try to turn the bolt...just bust the nut loose!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Better handling in the corners...
Easier to bring the front end up; as if that was ever a problem before!
putting new dog bones in is fairly simple, just make sure you have your bike secured. either from the ceiling or using the bolt method through the frame....

If you are 5' 2 inches tall it means you will have even more problems reaching the floor with short little legs.. :laugh::laugh:

You need to break the bolts loose from the nut end...don't even try to turn the bolt...just bust the nut loose!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
The stinkin bolt is turning, tried the nut with no luck, just a lot of aggravation.
use a impact wrench, 2 seconds:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Like I said in the post, I knew someone would say that.....impact is not available. But thanks for the advice. :laugh::laugh:
If you are 5' 2 inches tall it means you will have even more problems reaching the floor with short little legs.. :laugh::laugh:
Well thanks for the concern, but I have a 34" inseam, not 24" - reaching the ground is not a problem. If anything it'll make it a bit more comfy at the stoplights. :thumbsup:

And for the record....the blasted nuts/bolts aren't freakin budging!! :whistle:

I used a pry bar with the socket on the nut an slid the closed circular end of a long wrench for extra leverage an broke free pretty easy

:rofl::rofl::laugh: get them on

At this point I'm so pissed about it, thinking about just having my shop put them on when they rebuild my forks. They'll already have the bike on the stand, probably won't charge me but $20. At the rate I'm going I'll spend that in Excedrin alone! :laugh:

Just did mine with the help of Blonde on A Busa (Dawn) husband Randy. Thanks Randy.

The only reason I went to Randy is because I could not break the darn bolts loose on mine and I was going after it with an impact to no avail.

I haven't ridden it much since installing but I immediately notice a difference in ride height (OBVIOUSLY), and the few corners I have encountered I definitely have a more "confident" feel to the bike going into them now.

So far I likey.

you need to take the wieght off the bolt first. IE: unbind the suspension by slightly raising the bike up with a jack under the middle of the bike or under the exhaust(x) then use a large box end wrench and a socket and breaker bar on the other end...1/2 inch bar if you have one...also try taping on the spring lock inside the nut with a hammer and screwdriver if u can...sometimes it will get them to break free and back off

I did the rising link this Jan. I used a pipe over the wrench to crack the nut/bolt. Suzuki definitely did not want that one coming off. The trick is to get the weight off the suspension though. I used a cherry picker engine crane to lift the bike. Made the install a one man operation. These engine cranes are cheap (under $200) and a must have if you like taking your Busa apart:rolleyes2:

Anyway, these links are magic. They not only make the bike corner more confidently, they make it feel more stable in a straight line too. My buddies were looking at me like I was crazy when I told them I was raising the rear end but the bike should come this way from the factory. Unless you like the look of a lowered bike, drag race, or have really short legs this is really a no brainer mod at $50.

I then went to some Michelin Pilot Power 2ct's. The front is stock size 120/70 but I went to a 190/55 on the rear instead of the 190/50. This raises the rear end another 1/2-3/4 inch. The bike now feels like a proper sportsbike. Turn in is much quicker and the bike will stay where you put it in a lean so you can control the turn with just the throttle. The grip over stock bridgestones is very noticeable:thumbsup:

I like to say the bikes comes stock as a "HAYABUSA gsxr-1300" but this mod makes it a "GSXR1300 Hayabusa"

Slide5.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Back