Raising A Busa ..??

2quik

Donating Member
Registered
Was wondering if there is  anyone with Raised links i 've seem them  
for sale i know plenty of people that lower there bike but not  
intrested in lowing ...i see they sell a 1" raise for about 50-60  
bucks ..  Just looking to see if they made a considerable difference..Thanks

I have the 1 inch raising lins from Pro Machining. They make a difference in the way the bike turns in but nothing drastic. Quality and finish are top notch and they're only $26.95. Check 'em out here. PMR Components

<!--EDIT|Dakkine2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133494990 -->

I've got this mod on my list.. hey Dakkine.. is it worth doing?

I was looking for a bit quicker turn in/transition...

whatya think?

I just installed the +1 links. Unfortunately, the next day the snow fell. Then the salt trucks. Now it looks like I won't get to ride again until spring. So I wonder what raising the rear will feel like?
sad.gif

Have you guys tried adding preload to the rear spring? When I was tuning my suspension I overdid it a bit and it felt like the a$$ end was way up in the air before I backed it off a bit.

oops, my bad.....I thought this post was going to be about the care and feeding of a young busa. Kind of like "Raising Arizona".....
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

It helps with handling, but not so much with comfort. If you have a short inseam you won't like this mod.

Verticly challenged.
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Did i say midget? Oops, i did.
laugh.gif

hey Dakkine.. is it worth doing?

I was looking for a bit quicker turn in/transition...

whatya think?[/QUOTE]
For 26 bucks? It's worth it. I think that's about all you get is a bit quicker turn in and transition.

Have you guys tried adding preload to the rear spring?  When I was tuning my suspension I overdid it a bit and it felt like the a$$ end was way up in the air before I backed it off a bit.[/QUOTE]
I have mine at 2 full turns more (down) preload. I'm 6'8' 310 lbs, so the hieght was a good thing for me and the ride is much better for my weight. I'd like to respring the front for my weight but I'll have to wait till another day when the funds are better.

<!--EDIT|Dakkine2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133576149 -->

No significant difference in turn-in but it is so much better after turn in, through the apex, and on the gas. I think the front end is much better planted for the corners. Clearance is slightly improved too but can still scrape the pegs (and bodywork).

Hands down it is worth the money and time spent. Side to side transation is greatly improved and it feels more stable to me.

I installed the 1" kit from Schnitz... Very satisfied. You can probably find previous treads on this with a research, the subject was discussed about 2 months ago.

Back