-1 on the front sprocket

All,
I purchased my bike a few weeks ago and after talking to the previous owner further, I found out that the front sprocket is -1 and the back sprocket is stock. How significant is this change on the bike...?

I am now realizing that this would explain why the bike has 20K on it and its only a 2001... Do you guys now of a way to get the spedo and miles to read correctly with the changed sprocket?

The previous owner said that he changed the sprocket in the front to get better acceleration at this altitude... (Denver (5000 Ft.))

Should I go back to stock on the front or do you guys think this was a smart move on his part?

Alot of ppl do that gear change for more torque. personal preference...

when I did that to mine, I had my wife keep pace with me at 60mph indicated on a new Honda Civic, the busa read 72mph. that is my gauge with -1 ft sprocket.....
a 'yellow box' will correct this if you want.

I definetely like the busa... don't know how a stock one would feel since this is my first one owning and driving... It is definetly fun to drive...

I found the yellow box speed corrector on the web. Will be ordering it shortly... I only wish the previous owner did this before so the bike didn't appear to have so many miles on it for 2001.

Maurice

just disconnect the speedo. Look on the left side of your bike down near the shifting peg. See that allen head bolt going into the casing? unscrew it and zip tie the sensor. Who gives a sh*t how fast your going anyways

Mike

just disconnect the speedo. Look on the left side of your bike down near the shifting peg. See that allen head bolt going into the casing? unscrew it and zip tie the sensor. Who gives a sh*t how fast your going anyways

Mike
The Guy riding behind you worrying about cops Gives a sh^t!
lookaround.gif
lookaround.gif
sigh.gif

Damn Mike, Gets kinda spooky following you around sometimes...Had a good time last night bro, thanks for the call.

Later...

lookaround.gif

stock gearing was off 7%
+2 rear was off 14%
+2 rear and -1 front was off 19% (great gearing by the way)
All speeds were taken from a GPS at 60/80 mph.

I love the yellow box, well worth the $100...very easy to install and use!!

All,
I purchased my bike a few weeks ago and after talking to the previous owner further, I found out that the front sprocket is -1 and the back sprocket is stock. How significant is this change on the bike...?

I am now realizing that this would explain why the bike has 20K on it and its only a 2001... Do you guys now of a way to get the spedo and miles to read correctly with the changed sprocket?

The previous owner said that he changed the sprocket in the front to get better acceleration at this altitude... (Denver (5000 Ft.))

Should I go back to stock on the front or do you guys think this was a smart move on his part?
He was prolly just goin' for a little extra snap there Mo' .
Top speed is gonna go down...
Gas milage is gonna go down...
Fun Factor , bound to go up...
The high altitude I'm sure effects power . Ask Revlis,he's frm yer part of the world .

Do whatever ya want man...have fun... RSD.

Does anyone have any idea how much top speed I lost on a -1 on the front? I know I could test it, but I am still getting used to the bike and just trying to figure out what direction I want to go in...

I love the acceleration, but I definetely want to keep a descent top speed... As it stands, I can't really tell how fast I am going at higher speeds because the speedo off.

Thanks for all the good info.

Maurice

Back