1/4 Mile Times

Yea, probably 11.0's or mid to high 10's the 1st time out. The last group that came to 42 ended up with a best of 10.35 on HER 1st day at the strip. She weighed about 120lbs and the busa was piped and PC3.All stock other than that. She started in the low 11's.

And street riding isn't quite the same as the strip... My Busa will smoke the rear tire on the street through 2-3 gears, but it hooks HARD at the strip.

And you WILL do more than 125 mph....
Good to see Dragway 42 is still in operation. I'm dating myself but I used to race there and at Thompson in the 60's

At Thompson, I raced my 65 honda Scrambler - 305 with work!!!!
Yea it's still up and running. Jack Erhmentrout(sp)? (former Hemi Under Glass driver) bought it and he and his son Toby (an ex jet funny car driver) are running it. It was repaved last year but has not come in yet. I ran a speed shop there for a couple years, selling parts, N20, race fuel, bike tires, ect.... So I was there 5 days/nights a week for a few years.

And I will be running the Busa at Thompsons on the 20th, the guys from UFO customs invited me up to run with them. I believe he told me they had rented the track. Not sure if I'm going to juice it or not. Not many miles on it yet.And no dyno tune yet either.

Here's my Camaro at 42 last year....

oct_2006_1.jpg

Back