1/4 Mile Times

itsminenow4sure

Registered
I just wanna know what times do you think i can do?

I am ok on the street but never raced at a track just wondering if you think my bike could go over 125 in a quarter? If it does my local drag strip says that i need leather pants as well.

I have a 2005 with V&H bolt on exhaust and a PCIII, other than that all stock performance.

If faster i dont really want to buy pants for a test and tune night. should i just sand bag it at the end?

I know i really should wear leathers if i am drag racing but i really dont want to buy some expensive pants if im really not gonna use them very much

Thanks

you'll probably run in the 10's your first time out, and if you dont go over 125, you're probably riding the wrong motorcycle
smile.gif

DOOD! You'll go 8's For certain!
You won't run 8's. If you do, you have the most powerful "stock" busa that was ever delivered from the factory.

Stretched about 6", slammed, front strapped, pipe, correct map on the PC, air box mod, filter, and race fuel will only get you to aroun 9.2 if you're a good rider that weighs about 100lbs.

You're first trip out on a prepped track will most likely leave you looking at 10.5 or higher in the quarter. That would put you at about 130mph.

Your 60ft time on a properly prepped track for the first time will only be in the 2 sec range with an 1/8 mile time somewhere in the mid 7s.

Go ahead and invest in some leathers if you're gonna race. It's not often you crash a bike on the strip, but when it happens it's usually on the big end of the track at over 100mph. Well, that and at the starting line. New racers tend to loop the bike if they aren't careful (so do veterans).

DOOD! You'll go 8's For certain!
You won't run 8's. If you do, you have the most powerful "stock" busa that was ever delivered from the factory.
Whatever...
tounge.gif
I tell everyone I went 7's. A few know the difference and most do not
whistling.gif
At least we now why your name is POSR (POSER BOY).
fart.gif

How about you line your bike up with me, and I will ride a true 7 sec bike (yes, I have one at my disposal and it ran 7.89 during testing at 179mph. It has a small turbo
firedevil.gif
). I'll turn the boost down and run ya for titles. Whatcha think?

From personal experience if someone offers to race you for pinks, unless you are a racer, walk away. Its not a good feeling watching someone ride away with your ride.

Same issue here. Track says full leathers if over 120MPH...if not a one piece, must be zipp connected at waist. I found Teknic leather pants on Ebay...great deal. Just so I can run at the 1/4 track. This past weekend Test/Tune was rained out. BUT This Friday is Street Night. I'll be posting up with pics on the Big Blue Fatty Mullet going thru the 1/4
woot.gif

From personal experience if someone offers to race you for pinks, unless you are a racer, walk away.  Its not a good feeling watching someone ride away with your ride.
Stop it, your ruining my fun. I would have loved to have gone home with another bike.
laugh.gif

Actually, I would have just given it back. The point would have been proven, and pride would have been crushed.

Yea, probably 11.0's or mid to high 10's the 1st time out. The last group that came to 42 ended up with a best of 10.35 on HER 1st day at the strip. She weighed about 120lbs and the busa was piped and PC3.All stock other than that. She started in the low 11's.

And street riding isn't quite the same as the strip... My Busa will smoke the rear tire on the street through 2-3 gears, but it hooks HARD at the strip.

And you WILL do more than 125 mph....

I have no drag experience really. My stock busa hit mid 11's on a real 1/4 mile drag strip, and over 125 mph

You bought the 186 MPH bike... get leathers equal to that task

Yea, probably 11.0's or mid to high 10's the 1st time out. The last group that came to 42 ended up with a best of 10.35 on HER 1st day at the strip. She weighed about 120lbs and the busa was piped and PC3.All stock other than that. She started in the low 11's.

And street riding isn't quite the same as the strip... My Busa will smoke the rear tire on the street through 2-3 gears, but it hooks HARD at the strip.

And you WILL do more than 125 mph....
Good to see Dragway 42 is still in operation. I'm dating myself but I used to race there and at Thompson in the 60's

At Thompson, I raced my 65 honda Scrambler - 305 with work!!!!

I'd tell you what I ran the first time on the drag bike... but I would embarass myself...
sadnews.gif

I still suck... but it just takes seat time and practice... of which both require TIME... which I've had NONE OF at the track lately.

I got to attend a "Test & Tune" at a track and ran my bike for the first time recently. I was pretty nervous and my launch on both passes royally sucked.. My 1st pass was 11.24 @ 131 mph, the 2nd pass was 11.08 @ 134.75 mph.. I have nothing but an aftermarket pipe and PCIII and I am 310 lbs. You should fly down the track !!! Have fun you will love it !!!!!!
ThumbsUp.gif
beerchug.gif

textile do not pass tech.. I've tried many times before I bought my A-star leather suit..

Back