09 GSXR 1k HP?

:rulez:
here is my 06 gixxer, sold it last year, great bike and quick, just click

ImageShack Links Do Not Work Link no longer works

:beerchug::cheerleader:
AWESOME!! I have that same exact bike. here it is in race trim:

displayimage.php

Nice bike, but the 09 will be light years ahead in terms of performance over that 06'.

Yup. Too bad I can't afford a new one just yet. I guess I can somewhat compensate by doing the 1 mm overbore on my K6. That's pretty much what the K9 is + a shortened stroke. Oh yeah, Showa forks come standard on K9's now. :thumbsup:

Anyone heard of a price on the 09 1k's?. Now I have to wonder if I should go BigBore or 09 1k? But man if the 1k's faster and handles better then isnt it a better bike ( sport wise?).

Yes sweet stuff on this bike. I saw some close ups of the brakes. Wow, mono blocks on a jap bike. Thats a first, right? There tiny. They must be rock solid.

Yep.... The '09 1K is gonna be a screamer. 190+ crank HP is gonna be damn near 170 at the rear wheel - DAYUMMMMM. And the 448 is CURB weight, not dry weight. The '09 lost some weight this year. Also the '09 has a shorter wheelbase AND a longer swing arm and stacked tranny = Better handling, more centralized mass. It's gonna be a TERROR!!!

I'm selling the Busa and getting the new 1K next spring. I love the Busa, but tired of wrestling her on the track and tight corners - which has become most of my riding the last two years. I'll miss the "big girl" on the 1,000 mile weekends, but I only do a couple of those a year.

Wish I could keep both, but my wife rides too, I can only afford to have a couple bikes and simply can't keep the Busa. It would be nice to have a Busa, 1K AND the wife's 750! But until I make more money, I can only dream!!!!

It's gonna be interesting reading the Liter Bike Shootout in Roadracing World Magazine. I see it being a two bike shootout between the new Gixx and the R1. Basically Monter HP with different geometry vs. R1's big bang firing order-get-the-power to the ground as efficiently as possible mentality.

Yep.... The '09 1K is gonna be a screamer. 190+ crank HP is gonna be damn near 170 at the rear wheel - DAYUMMMMM. And the 448 is CURB weight, not dry weight. The '09 lost some weight this year. Also the '09 has a shorter wheelbase AND a longer swing arm and stacked tranny = Better handling, more centralized mass. It's gonna be a TERROR!!!

I'm selling the Busa and getting the new 1K next spring. I love the Busa, but tired of wrestling her on the track and tight corners - which has become most of my riding the last two years. I'll miss the "big girl" on the 1,000 mile weekends, but I only do a couple of those a year.

Wish I could keep both, but my wife rides too, I can only afford to have a couple bikes and simply can't keep the Busa. It would be nice to have a Busa, 1K AND the wife's 750! But until I make more money, I can only dream!!!!

The 2008 CBR didn't look that good IMO, but it sure can rail :beerchug:

I thought the 08 CBR was the clear class winner. Even Jeremy Toye raced a basically bone stock RR to a top 10 in AMA Superstock. Aside from rider skill, that speaks volumes about a bike.

Dam it's got more power than the Busa :unhappy: Well that s depressing so that means I get my azz handed to me in the top end too ??? What a cruel world :sulk: Now the comfortable seating geometry is all I have to cherish.
Hey don't be such a half glass empty kinda guy. Look at the bright side........mod the hell out of your busa and just maybe you can keep up. And your busa is more comfy :thumbsup:
Well thats it for my brightside view....hope I helped :laugh:

I have a 2006 GSXR1000 and it comes standard with a 4 into 1 exhaust, 175 HP and weighs 440 pounds. The 2009 is heavier due to the dual exhaust. Dump the duals for a 4 into 1 exhaust and it will be lighter than the 2006 and have 15 more HP. Frankly, my 2006 is a scary bike to ride and I can only imagine what the 2009 will be like. Its probably way too much for the street.

...so that means I get my azz handed to me in the top end too ???

well, i've topped out an 2007 R1 & a 2008 GSX-R 1000 and i can honestly say that i prefer my Busa hands down. my bike was easily more manageable and inspired more confidence, probably because of the weight and length.

heh, the busa is still a frickin' sled, baby! w00t! :thumbsup:

* Disclaimer *
i am reasonably sure that i can now say, with a straight face, the high speed runs mentioned were done on "a closed private track"... :whistle:

Back