Thoughts/Opinions on 1k or r6 mono bloc calipers....

Rollin20z

Registered
Anyone done any experimenting/swapping the gsxr 1k or r6 mono caliper swap on the busa? If so what's your opinion on which is better/preferred?
Just curious....???

I have the 1k GSXR monoblocs. I installed them at the same time I put on a radial master cylinder. The improvement for street use was tremendous. Both in stopping power and feel. This was a much bigger improvement than ss braided lines and Galfer rotors. Since I put on the calipers and the master cylinder at the same time I have no idea which one contributed more to the improvement. By the way, the calipers were a straight swap and I got them on Ebay for about $200. Now that the GSXR's came out with the Brembo calipers there might be more 2010-2011 GSXR monobloc's available for cheaper.

Personally I like the look of the R1/R6 blocks. Installed a set on a buddies B King. Stopping power is ridiculous.

I went to a set of Gsxr 1k calipers from a 09-11 model (2012's have brembo calipers). Lighter and stronger then the stock Gen2 busa calipers and wanted to have the same performance, or close to the same performance as my 09 Gsxr 1k! Pair that up with SS lines, Brembo RCS19 master cylinder, and EBC extreme pads and you will have a busa that can stop repeatedly with out issues! The RCS19 Brembo Master Cylinder is worth the $300 plus you spend for it and was a major improvement over the busa's master and my 09 Gsxr 1k's radial master cylinder (Nissan)! Both bikes have the identical setup less the rotors and the weight of the bike.

IMG_0151.jpg

Back