08 turbo questions

08sleeper

Registered
I know alot of you guys have turboed the previous year, im basically looking a very reliable setup on my 08, i would like to run a safe low bost of 4lbs, with intercooler, is this overkill? i would be happy with 230 hp, for now so i can learn the bike, this is strictly a street bike with track use being maybe once or twice a month, but everyday driving bike nights etc,

what are your thoughts or ideals on this setup

If you are only planning to run 4 lbs. you don't need an intercooler. For a while Velocity was a good choice but RCC is the way to go. I mean if you are going to drop 4 grand you might as well do it right. Not quite sure if Richard has the 08 set up out yet but you can give him a call and he can get you right. Link

so even for a street bike 12k miles a year no intercooler and still be safe, im not looking for a rediculos amout a power heck with 220 230 hp i should be able to dust off 95 percent of the bikes around here or more

For what you are looking at doing I would not go turbo yet. Ride and enjoy the naturl power. inch up with pipes etc. hen in a year go to the turbo.

Personaly I would what a bit to see how the 08 kits work out the old stuff had years of R&D so they are worked out pretty good you could do the normal mods, but it would mostly be a waste of money if your going turbo anyhow

Richard just received his 08 very recently and has it tore apart working on Stage 1, 2, Ultra and Race Kits.

For what you are looking at doing I would not go turbo yet.  Ride and enjoy the naturl power.  inch up with pipes etc.  hen in a year go to the turbo.
I wouldn't waste money on bolt ons. Turbo bikes really aren't that big of a deal anyway. They handle like normal bikes but the power is there if you want to use it.

Is it safe to assume this isn't your first big bike?

Back