Turbo GODS need some help

Fire95Z28

Registered
Alright turbo gods I am looking at one of Sebastian from NLR turbos. I think it is between the MHP Ultra kit and the Rc components Ultra kit. I like these kits with an intercooler just because it is makin some stupid power off of PUMP GAS. Now what I am wondering is can I just switch it over for the use of race fuel to make more insane power? I am gonna get the AMS 1000 setup along with this turbo. I have a 9 - 12 over arm coming for this bike too. Suspension will all be setup properly. Motor is being built by Jerry Cooper from Cooper Performance. If this is not the setup for me than I guess I will just have to go with a 1432, but I was really hopin for the turbo setup because of streeability.

if you plan on an air-to-air intercooler than you may need to be concerned with the front suspension height.

The race fue thing... do you plan on racing the bike or are you just curious what the peak would be with race gas?

the ultra kits run w/a intercooler, so no issues with wheel hitting it. dont forget that if you get that amount of power, then you are also getting close to needing rods, undercutting, and various other things like valve springs. depends on the power. i dont think they have multiple maps on the controller, but if you had a pump tune and a race tune saved, if probably wouldnt be hard to change between them. other than that i dont think you could just flip a switch and go from race to pump.

if you are debating between a big bore or an intercooled turbo setup, then our range of hp isnt really equal. a stage one turbo will make more power than the big bore, even camed and blah blah blah. intercooled setups have much more potential and will most likely make about mid 300's hp, compared to what te big bore will make. un-intercooled setups are able to make about 250-300 on pump. obviously varies between you tune, psi, compression, kit, etc. make sure not to outdo your personal capabilities on getting too much hp, but then again, they always say you want more once you get used to it, so going big right off might save some dollars from the other route.

i think the two kits might infact be one in the same. kinda hard to tell as a lot of the turbo kits seem to have parts shared between one another, but without having inspected them in person side by side, this is merely an observation.

not sure about turbo experince on this site but
i'd talk to motorhead from SH.org

(gat0r @ Jan. 31 2007,22:flamethrowing:) not sure about turbo experince on this site but
i'd talk to motorhead from SH.org
Not much
laugh.gif

Yes reaper I am doing the motor all up. I do not slack in that department. If you check my thread Dragike burned down you will see that I do everything top notch. From the before pictures at least. Anyhow i was just thinking though the way to do it would be the big kit cause like you said the more you ride it the more power you desire. I guess what my real question would be is how in the heck do you get all that power to the ground. i mean it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. A lowered and streched stock busa has a hard enough time stickin to the ground. How in the hell is a 380 - 550 horse one gonna stick? As far as clutches what would you do?

(Fire95Z28 @ Jan. 31 2007,14:14) Yes reaper I am doing the motor all up. I do not slack in that department. If you check my thread Dragike burned down you will see that I do everything top notch. From the before pictures at least. Anyhow i was just thinking though the way to do it would be the big kit cause like you said the more you ride it the more power you desire. I guess what my real question would be is how in the heck do you get all that power to the ground. i mean it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. A lowered and streched stock busa has a hard enough time stickin to the ground. How in the hell is a 380 - 550 horse one gonna stick? As far as clutches what would you do?
run a lockup clutch. If you can find one and have the money get a boosted compensated lockup.

you're getting the ams-1000 to put all that power to the ground. progressively stepping up the boost as you get out of the hole is how you keep it hooked up.

for the street 250-300 is all you're ever gonna use. Prob the easy way is a small turbo and intercooler. Nothing crazy, keep the boost at 6-8lbs for pump, and maybe 10 for race gas. Remember to tune it waaay on the safe side. You never know when you might get a bad tank of gas.

a lot of guys when running lower numbers, like 350 and below (perhaps more, but few bikes to look from above that) just use stock clutch with heavy duty springs. that 2 piece clutch cam (stock part) acts as a lockup under heavy loads, the harder the accel, the harder the clutch holds together. but yeah, most guys go to a lockup and there are a few boost compensated ones floating around.... seems to be a lot of interest in them, but somewhat hard to get ahold of... as far as lowering and stretching, there is also a point were stretching it too much will hurt you because there wont be enough weight over the tire for it to have traction.

most unintercooled guys run 6-8 psi, and a few have gotten away with 10psi on stock compression. but most like to lower compression before going to 10psi. on an intercooled setup, though, guys are able to run more boost safely than without, obviously. i thnk lowered comp and intercooler guy have gotten lik 18psi n pump, but i havent heard as much about these due to them not being as common. but they are able to get 350hp on pump without problems it seems. even heard of a 400hp one on pump, but i think that there was some special stuff going on there.

but yeah, setup first gear for like 6psi, 2nd for 8psi, 3rd for 10, 4th for 12, 5th for 14, 6th for 16psi..... you know, something like that. that might be a little light on power in the lower gears, but you get the idea. mine at 4psi on stock compression thus far has proved to be difficult to keep the tire from spinning or wheelieing, but thats all in the fun IMHO

If you are going to get an ultra kit, once it's tuned properly you won't have to touch it again. The secondary controller is where your tune is. Just make sure you have it tuned by someone who is familliar with the controller and has the appropriate software and neccesary cable to connect and tune it.

9 to 12 over arm? Isn't that a little overkill? You get that back tire too far out there and you won't be able to hook up any amount of power. Mine is about 2 1/2 to 3 over with a 3 deg raked frame and I can use up to about 400HP as long as it's in at least 4th gear. My second stage of boost (around 320HP pump gas) comes on in second and no wheelies.

I only run the first 2 stages of boost on pump, but when I have race gas in the tank I can run all 4 with 480HP being the 4th stage.
firedevil.gif

Back