08 Hayabusa Drag Race Videos

I would have liked it better without the music also. Sorry buy i am sure the bike would have sounded better. Nice run anyway

thumb_up.gif

OK, enough beating up on ChristianJax.  Just for him, here is a staight up video of how not to go fast in a drag race.  Lets call it Hayabusa Bloopers...

If I can keep the front end on the ground, the bike runs 9.25 @ 149 - 150, but once she comes up you usually have to back out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the video. We all have our opinions. When I'm racing I listen to Polka Music. I just love the tuba!!
beerchug.gif

If you don't like the music turn off your speakers ! Me myself , I listen to Tom Jones !

OK, enough beating up on ChristianJax. Just for him, here is a staight up video of how not to go fast in a drag race. Lets call it Hayabusa Bloopers...

If I can keep the front end on the ground, the bike runs 9.25 @ 149 - 150, but once she comes up you usually have to back out.
aren't you extended? that's pretty crazy your front end comes up like that still!

I only have a 3" stretch right now, but I have about 14 pounds of lead in the front of the bike. I just got a new tail section from Catalyst, so now I can stretch it and get rid of the ballast in the front. Next weekend, hoping to race it +8".

I only have a 3" stretch right now, but I have about 14 pounds of lead in the front of the bike. I just got a new tail section from Catalyst, so now I can stretch it and get rid of the ballast in the front. Next weekend, hoping to race it +8".
what kind of sprockets are you running?

I'm @ ~4inches now and with a 17T front I had no issues. I'm adding a 46T rear (should be at the top of 5 at the end of the 1/4mile) and a Pilot Race Soft tire this weekend.

I'm just curious if I will have to start worrying about the front end lifting or not.

Cool video ....I'll buy it's stock motor ..Brocks alien head and slammed setting at 62 inches is not stock ... Still very cool video ...
thumb_up.gif
I guesse "stock" is a relative term.
winkold.gif

In context with the nitrous / big bore / nitrous / turbo bikes you saw in the video, its generally considered stock.  I probably won't mess with the motor until next season.
Tom, do you have any video of your boot on fire or your melted leathers from that alien head pipe.That will help explain your choice of music

Cool video ....I'll buy it's stock motor ..Brocks alien head and slammed setting at 62 inches is not stock ... Still very cool video ...
thumb_up.gif
I guesse "stock" is a relative term.
winkold.gif

In context with the nitrous / big bore / nitrous / turbo bikes you saw in the video, its generally considered stock.  I probably won't mess with the motor until next season.
Tom, do you have any video of your boot on fire or your melted leathers from that alien head pipe.That will help explain your choice of music
As soon as the first burn healed up, The skin got scorched again. Love the bike. Hate the pipe.

Back