08 Hayabusa Drag Race Videos

Draco1340

Registered
Thought some of you might get a kick out of some on-board videos of a GenII Busa at work. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
lurk.gif
lurk.gif
lurk.gif
lurk.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

Cool video ....I'll buy it's stock motor ..Brocks alien head and slammed setting at 62 inches is not stock ... Still very cool video ...
thumb_up.gif

Cool video ....I'll buy it's stock motor ..Brocks alien head and slammed setting at 62 inches is not stock ... Still very cool video ...
thumb_up.gif
I guesse "stock" is a relative term.
winkold.gif

In context with the nitrous / big bore / nitrous / turbo bikes you saw in the video, its generally considered stock. I probably won't mess with the motor until next season.

Great video, but why is it all videos like this have the WORST music in them? Can't we get these without that crap? Just sayin.

Draco1340 are you running a LM-1 INOVATIVE MOTORSPORTS that is recording your runs and you can play back and change settings?
lurk.gif

Tybalt,
Exactly. Regardless of how good the downloaded maps are, I've found that there is still a huge amount of tuning required depending on your setup, the gas you use, the time of year, etc. The video capture of the LM-1 isn't very good, but the Innovate logger is pretty easy to use. Mine is ~ 4 years old, and I have used the same unit on 3 different vehicles.

Tybalt,
Exactly.  Regardless of how good the downloaded maps are, I've found that there is still a huge amount of tuning required depending on your setup, the gas you use, the time of year, etc.  The video capture of the LM-1 isn't very good, but the Innovate logger is pretty easy to use.  Mine is ~ 4 years old, and I have used the same unit on 3 different vehicles.
Yes me and my buds are learning how to use these, i can only compare it to having a DYNO in the palm f your hand, i think its great that it will record and you can play back what was happening through the rpms and AF and then make adjustements, smart device, Im all over it thanks for sharing, i may hit you up on some user friendly tips, nice runs as well, Great for street or track use

What kind of music goes on in your head at 10k? Britney Spears? Guess its a good thing I didn't go with the Dead Kennedy's and the Sex Pistol.
thumb_up.gif

Music was fine, but it drowned out the engine too much, maybe just use a lower volume setting for the music.

Gret vid.

What kind of music goes on in your head at 10k?  Britney Spears?  Guess its a good thing I didn't go with the Dead Kennedy's and the Sex Pistol.
thumb_up.gif
Why does there have to be ANY music? The sound of the engine singing at 10K is fine for most I would think.  I didn't mean to isolate your video.  It justs seems that most youtube videos about drag racing seems to be more of a showcase for bad music rather than the topic. Just sayin.

Just for the record I work in the media and videos are my thing. There are times that "nat sound" is the way to go.
It's like there's some unwritten rule out there that if you are making a racing video then it MUST contain an obnoxious Thrash or HipHop soundtrack.  I didn't get the memo.  Why does that kind of music "fit" racing any more than the Soggy Bottom Boys?  It's all a matter of taste I suppose. But once I turned the volume ALL THE WAY DOWN I enjoyed the video. You did a good job with that part by the way. No trying to insult, just wondering why there are so many of these videos with horrible thrashy music. Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now, just had to vent on ALL racing videos with horrible soundtracks, not just yours.

I'm just wondering how they filmed this on May 18, 2009. That's a fast bike...time travel? ha! Man this video was awesome. Makes me want to race. And good music choice.

What kind of music goes on in your head at 10k?  Britney Spears?  Guess its a good thing I didn't go with the Dead Kennedy's and the Sex Pistol.
thumb_up.gif
Why does there have to be ANY music? The sound of the engine singing at 10K is fine for most I would think.  I didn't mean to isolate your video.  It justs seems that most youtube videos about drag racing seems to be more of a showcase for bad music rather than the topic. Just sayin.

Just for the record I work in the media and videos are my thing. There are times that "nat sound" is the way to go.
It's like there's some unwritten rule out there that if you are making a racing video then it MUST contain an obnoxious Thrash or HipHop soundtrack.  I didn't get the memo.  Why does that kind of music "fit" racing any more than the Soggy Bottom Boys?  It's all a matter of taste I suppose. But once I turned the volume ALL THE WAY DOWN I enjoyed the video. You did a good job with that part by the way. No trying to insult, just wondering why there are so many of these videos with horrible thrashy music. Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now, just had to vent on ALL racing videos with horrible soundtracks, not just yours.
I agree with Christian. I find the music offensive and profane. Its this kind of thing that causes violence in our teens. Draco, you should feel ashamed. Your thoughts and behaviour should conform to what we consider reasonable public standards. Next time you should go with a puppies and flowers theme. My parents taught me that "if I couldn't say something nice, I shouldn't say it at all", but on the internet we should be compelled to speak the truth.

red_and_yellow_flower_preview.jpg

thumb_up.gif

I agree with Christian.  I find the music offensive and profane.  Its this kind of thing that causes violence in our teens.  Draco, you should feel ashamed.  Your thoughts and behaviour should conform to what we consider reasonable public standards.  Next time you should go with a puppies and flowers theme.  My parents taught me that "if I couldn't say something nice, I shouldn't say it at all", but on the internet we should be compelled to speak the truth.
I thought Gay Guys rode Harleys? I mean they don't wear leather for protection, they wear it as a fashion statement. You know, with the chains and stuff? Is it my imagination or is Kenny G typing with a lisp?

Back