Drag Race Videos

Draco1340

Registered
So its been raining and pissy cold all month, but the skys held up for a couple of hours today to get a couple of passes down the track here at New England Dragway. Not to badly for stock motor and tire. Bike is lowered, but thats about it. This is my first attempt at video, so go easy...

Hopefully this works

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Job Bro and the bike is running great !!!.. Looks like you had a blast..
cool.gif
beerchug.gif

It was showering on and off, and the track had very little prep, so I was taking it pretty easy on the stock tire. Shorts were in the mid to high 1.7s, but need to get down into the 1.5s for any decent times. My buddy on the ZX14 next to me lost a rod bearing on the last pass.

It was showering on and off, and the track had very little prep, so I was taking it pretty easy on the stock tire. Shorts were in the mid to high 1.7s, but need to get down into the 1.5s for any decent times. My buddy on the ZX14 next to me lost a rod bearing on the last pass.
What year 14 ?? What mods does he have, and how did the K8 do against it
rock.gif

I think the 14 was an 07, and the bikes were pretty close. I think I took 2 out of 3, all within 1 length. That being said, I've hardly ridden the thing, so there is huge room for improvement. This may be Herasy on this board, but on any give day, the tune, the lane, the light, and the rider is much more important than the bike. I wouldn't race Gadson on a bicycle. The GSXR1000, ZX10, ZX12,ZX14, Gen1 and Gen2 Hayabusa are all pretty close. Its mostly rider.

0413DSC_0483.jpg

whats up with your buddy hanging legs off?
rock.gif

that some drag tech?
I usually drag my feet behind me through the 60tf. With a slightly lowered seat its pretty tough to get your feet on the pegs. I have rear drag pegs, but I found out the hard way that you can't put your feet back thier if you are running an Alien head. I caught my right boot on fire and burned up my foot pretty good this weekend.

Do not use rear drag pegs if you have an alien head!

Nice video....thanks for sharing... just when i was saying you needed to run it out the backdoor a little more for mph you raised it from 147 to 150mph, not bad, keep it up....
clap.gif

Big gonads indeed
thumb_up.gif

Not really my thing but can appreciate the attraction - I take it the tyre was cooked by the end of the day?

I think the 14 was an 07, and the bikes were pretty close. I think I took 2 out of 3, all within 1 length. That being said, I've hardly ridden the thing, so there is huge room for improvement. This may be Herasy on this board, but on any give day, the tune, the lane, the light, and the rider is much more important than the bike. I wouldn't race Gadson on a bicycle. The GSXR1000, ZX10, ZX12,ZX14, Gen1 and Gen2 Hayabusa are all pretty close. Its mostly rider.
Yeah, I believe it is mostly rider as well... Just nice to see a brand new stock K8 doing so well on the strip...
cool.gif
beerchug.gif

I will be keeping the motor stock for some time. My last bike had big cams and pistons, and all that resulted was continuous overheating ,very peaky power, and expensive race gas bills. This bike makes more power on 87 octane pump gas, and its VERY easy to launch with all the torque it has. 200 miles on the odometer.

Back