I think there needs to be a GenII section.

Trucker Mike

Registered
With the 2 generations of Busa's being very different bikes...Does anyone else think that a board-reorganization is needed? I suggest a GenI section, and a separate GenII section.

GenI General Bike Related Topics
GenI Modifications
GenI Appearance
GenI Engine and Performance mods
GenI Track and Racing Mods
GenI Electrical Mods

GenI For Sale
GenI Problems
GenI Maintenance & DIY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GenII General Bike Related Topics
GenII Modifications
GenII Appearance
GenII Engine and Performance mods
GenII Track and Racing Mods
GenII Electrical Mods

GenII For Sale
GenII Problems
GenII Maintenance & DIY

I think it will benefit the GenII owners, cuz then they're not sifting through GenI threads to find stuff for them, plus they would get some organization out of their all-encompassing 2008 forum.

Just a thought.

Funny, I was just thinking the other day the completely opposite thing.  Fact is more people post in 'general' than anywhere else, it'd be nice not to have to come all the way over here
rock.gif
just to keep a up on the GenII stuff.  None of the other busa sites have Gen specific sections.  In fact, this section was created last summer when to keep all the "The new busa is..." threads from clogging up the General sections. Plus there are just too many things that are done that are common or very similar between the bikes.

Just my opinion.

Funny, I was just thinking the other day the completely opposite thing. Fact is more people post in 'general' than anywhere else, it'd be nice not to have to come all the way over here
rock.gif
just to keep a up on the GenII stuff. None of the other busa sites have Gen specific sections. In fact, this section was created last summer when to keep all the "The new busa is..." threads from clogging up the General sections. Plus there are just too many things that are done that are common or very similar between the bikes.

Just my opinion.
+1 but I do not own a Gen2 Many bikes change a lot every year and they do not need new sections for every year...

I don't own a GenII either, but do try and stay up with what's going on with them. Makes it easy only having to go to one place to find the info.

Ok, so that's gonna continue to work in the future as one forum gets to contain all the tech threads for a whole new generation?

I'm just thinking about the future of the board, where if it doesn't get re-organized, 3 years from now you're gonna have 50,000 K8+ threads in one listing, yet still have topic classifications for the 99-K7. I just think, as a forum Admin on another site, that if it's not done early, it's gonna be a nightmare if Admin here decides to try and do it later.

Like I said, it was just a thought of my forever-working-towards-efficiency mind.

just not sure I would believe that the differences between the Gen1 and 2 are that great.. Motor a bit larger, plastic a bit different etc..

The thing is that the bike has remained so "the same" for so long that the Gen2 seems like a new bike when it is just pretty much the same bike with a few big updates IMO.. Everything that the Gen2 has, has already been done on the early bikes by the owners and then some..

<s>GenII General Bike Related Topics</s>
GenII Modifications
GenII Appearance
<s>GenII Track and Racing Mods</s>
GenII Electrical Mods
<s>GenII For Sale</s>
GenII Problems
<s>GenII Maintenance & DIY</s>

General bike should stay general bike, not specific.
Track and racing mods is too similiar to engine and performance mods.
I don't think there are enough bike sales period to create another forum.
Maintenance and DIY is very similiar to the GenI.

My thoughts anyway
2cents.gif

I think it's a great idea to have a gen II section. The Gen II is a different bike, it has different specs, and deserves its own section. I think the problem here is that the people who don't own one are reluctant to change the site. It's stupid not to have the organization stuff in here. The only reason that me, and many other K8 owners come to this site or busanation, is for k8 busa information. If you want to keep those people you're going to have to cater to the K8 and its differences. One way of doing that is by not making us search through 50+ pages of threads to find stuff.

<s>GenII General Bike Related Topics</s>
GenII Modifications
GenII Appearance
<s>GenII Track and Racing Mods</s>
GenII Electrical Mods
<s>GenII For Sale</s>
GenII Problems
<s>GenII Maintenance & DIY</s>

General bike should stay general bike, not specific.
Track and racing mods is too similiar to engine and performance mods.
I don't think there are enough bike sales period to create another forum.
Maintenance and DIY is very similiar to the GenI.

My thoughts anyway  
2cents.gif
I think this would be the perfect solution. As I don't really agree with the way this thread was originally stated I can see how starting these catagories now would make it easier three years from now. But I think general should stay general cause I like looking at all the pics of the pretty K8's
winkold.gif

I think the original intent for the forum was for info on the new up and coming 08.

My thoughts are it should be closed to new topics but remain. Subsequent posts will placed in the appropriate forum based on subject matter not generation. We cold move the more technical posts to the other forums as will.

I really don't see the value to continue segregate by generation.

The biggest thing for me, is when I joined up 2 years ago, there was no talk of the K8, because all the bikes were the same at that point.

Now that there are 2 different generations, sometimes I click on a thread only to find out that it's about a bike I don't have and contains info I can't use. Irritating.

If there isn't going to be a K8+ section, then everyone needs to start titling their threads according to what gen they have. When I look at posts via "New Posts" button, I'm not really looking at the forum heading before I click, just the thread title. So, all threads pertaining to bike should have K7- or K8+ in them, I guess. What a PITA that would be.

When I look at posts via "New Posts" button, I'm not really looking at the forum heading before I click, just the thread title. So, all threads pertaining to bike should have K7- or K8+ in them, I guess. What a PITA that would be.
so adding all these new categories would be pretty much useless anyway..

I surfed a few of the other bike forums and none broke down models to specific years in the threads... it is an R1 or a ZX14 or a ZX10... all of which have seen dramatic changes in the last 8 years...

also sh.com and eh.com do not do this either...

Personally I read this forum for the people as much as the bikes...

Never got irritated having to weed through the "Gen2" threads anyway.. (only real differences I have seen myself is plastic removal and the A,B,C switch threads)

birthday.gif

brave.gif

poke.gif

goodboy.gif

When I look at posts via "New Posts" button, I'm not really looking at the forum heading before I click, just the thread title. So, all threads pertaining to bike should have K7- or K8+ in them, I guess. What a PITA that would be.

I surfed a few of the other bike forums and none broke down models to specific years in the threads... it is an R1 or a ZX14 or a ZX10...  all of which have seen dramatic changes in the last 8 years...

Never got irritated having to weed through the "Gen2" threads anyway.. (only real differences I have seen myself is plastic removal and the A,B,C switch threads)

birthday.gif

brave.gif

poke.gif

goodboy.gif
Randy, what mode do you run in?
laugh.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
AM -->
Mr Bogus @ Mar. 25 2008 said:
1348067[/ATTACH] AM]

I surfed a few of the other bike forums and none broke down models to specific years in the threads... it is an R1 or a ZX14 or a ZX10... all of which have seen dramatic changes in the last 8 years...

birthday.gif

brave.gif

poke.gif

goodboy.gif
Randy, what mode do you run in?
laugh.gif
awwww WFO? (can not stop now, new corbin seat, 1" raising links and I can not reach the ground now)
rofl.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Back