08 Grab Bar Cowl Mod Help!!!

biglew77

Registered
Hey whats up! Im Jacob and I live in Oceanside, California and I'm looking for someone that i can pay to do the Grab Bar Cowl Mod to my 08 Busa. I know some of you guys think it is a dumb mod but I like it, so if someone on the forum lives in SO_CAL hit me up at M.LEWIS3@COX.NET

Hey, Jacob...

We're hookin' it up next month for the SoCal riders.

We'll be posting the ride routes and meeting places soon, so please let us know if you're interested. We've got some peeps from Arizona comin' over for it, too!!!

:welcome: to the .oRg. It's a great place...you'll like it here.

:beerchug:

Good luck with the mod. I don't know how to do it, but I'm sure someone will assist.

Check it!

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/geog...727-socal-riders-lets-ride-12-13-12-14-a.html

Ooh-Rah! I see you're in the corps!!!

Thanks for your service, bro!

:beerchug:

As Scar said...Thanks for the service brother! and :welcome: to the .org...you're gonna love it here. Post up pics, its the :rulez:

It's the Marine Corps birthday today. Semper Fi! Thanks to all for your service to our country. Oh, by the way, welcome & good luck with the mod. As Scar said, I'm sure you'll find someone that can help you.

Last edited:
Sorry here is a pic of my baby, ive only had here for 4 months now, i upgraded from a 02 GSXR-1000.The Busa was the original bike that i always wanted but the sales man would not sell me the Busa 3 years ago as my first bike when i had just came back from Iraq off my first deployment...But i gt here not that's all that matters. :thumbsup:

DSC01473.JPG

DSC01474.JPG

DSC01475.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome and congrats! Would help you out, but not in CA. If you read the threads on it you can certainly do it yourself. Seems a lot more difficult than it is.

Hopefully someone will chime in to help. Haven't done the mod , but it would seem to be a simple mod to do.

Very basic :

Install grab bar, place hump on bike, mark cut out area, cut until fit with dremmel or other tool. I would tape around areas to be cut to prevent scratching.

Back