06 Busa 2nd Gear Undercutting

Hi Icemansid.
so by compressing with your hands you are connecting the inner hub to the outer which is easier to hold while undoing the central nut, is that the reason?, sorry for so many questions but I am not home much and I like to be prepared as much as possible to get it done without to many surprises, I guess I was just hoping that as the clutch centre shaft seems to sit on the split line of the cases I could just turn it upside down and lift the bottom off with the clutch in place.
What about the sump, do I need to remove that or can I just leave it on the bottom case?

Thanks

Paul

yep pretty much. When i send the tranny off, i send the whole thing so they can look at all of it and give it a full health check. i cant remember if the gears that need to be cut are on the input or output side. remove the pan, remove the plastic sump pickup (its 2 bolts and an o-ring), remove the metal tube (1 bolt) and from there you should be able to remove all of the lower case bolts.

Hi Icemansid.
so by compressing with your hands you are connecting the inner hub to the outer which is easier to hold while undoing the central nut, is that the reason?, sorry for so many questions but I am not home much and I like to be prepared as much as possible to get it done without to many surprises, I guess I was just hoping that as the clutch centre shaft seems to sit on the split line of the cases I could just turn it upside down and lift the bottom off with the clutch in place.
What about the sump, do I need to remove that or can I just leave it on the bottom case?

Thanks

Paul

Back