Undercut tranny.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
Well, my bike jumps out of second gear and slips at high RPMs. I did a search here on it to see if anyone has brought this up before and saw plenty people have. I also see many have had problems getting Suzuki to honor their warranty when this issue was presented to them.

The way I see it, I can fight with Suzuki and PROBABLY get them to repair/replace the fault(s) only to have it happen again in the future or I can get my tranny undercut and not have to worry about it again. I've opted to take the second route.

With that said, I called my local shop and asked them if they can do the undercut. They informed me they have to send it out and the turn-around period is around 3 weeks. They also said parts and labor will be $1,100. I went online and found this:
APE (CLICK ME!!!)

Now for the questions.
Has anyone dealt with this company? Does anyone sell Hayabusa undercut trannies that I can purchase and just let a shop swap them out? Does anyone have any suggestions as to how should I go about getting this done?

PS
I know I'm going to also need shift forks and I should also get a billet shift shaft.

Thanks in advance ...

Go with Fast by Gast. Hes in New York and offers a 24hr turn around time for a small fee. They will inspect the shift drum and do anything that needs as well. Ape is a great company might be better for ya since they are closer.

Wow 1100 for parts and labor. My Mech is only charing 700 for parts labor with a 4 day turnaround on the whole job.

Probably because he's doing it himself. The shop I go to have to send it out to get done. I'm sure they are charged a fee which they pass on to me + a profit. My problem is I'm not up to the level to where I can pull my own tranny out. That's why I've decided to purchase one. If anything I can sell the one currently in there and at least make some of my money back.

What do you think about Motorhead? $900 for the undercut transmission without the core, which would be my case.
CLICK!!!

Now that I think about it, its going to come down to money or time. I'll actually save some money by letting my shop get it done but it'll take 3 weeks. If I get it through Motorhead I'll save time by just letting my shop swap the 2 but end up paying more due to their labor plus I'd still have to by all 3 shift forks at around $65 each.

Ohhh .... the pain.

Back