'05's starting to show up here in SoCal

I saw the one at Orange County Suzuki a week or 2 ago. It's been there for a long time: Used, about 3000 miles as I recall and they are asking something like $10.6K!!! It does have a Throttlemeister, slip-ons and maybe a gel seat as I recall, but with a starting price like that, the negotiations would be almost impossible. Instead of talking a better price, they wanted to start the bike and have me hear the pipes? I just said no thanks and left. It was clean though: Big chicken strips, no scratches on the peg feelers, no evidence of being dropped. With a retail blue book near $8500 and a wholesale book of maybe $5600, I won't be looking at that bike again.

I'm really inclined to agree with the opinions on Bert's and Del Amo. I was NOT impressed with either place (for different reasons I won't go into). As far as getting an '04, that's what I started looking for, but could not find a new one. I think I'll stay clear of used Busa's based on the potential for abuse they may have seen! Doesn't leave me a lot of options.

Thanks all...
The guy at Del Amo flat out lied to me and tried to bait and switch me. Wish I could remember the bastard's name.

Bert's is just indifferent and treats people like they are good enough to walk in the front door.

Hahm's in Anaheim is actually fairly decent, however, the sales guy I talked to there was trying to run a sideline business and kept trying to sell me accessories from his garage instead of what they had in the store. Something wrong with that, somehow . . . .

OC Suzuki was very good to me. Bought my '03 Silver/Gray in August and have been pleased with the bike and with the service ever since. Ask for Keith.

--Wag--

Back