'05's starting to show up here in SoCal

gtrpimp76

S.Q.U.I.D. Extraordinaire
Donating Member
Registered
Some of the dealers here in southern California have told me they've already sold several 'Busas. I'm still patiently awaiting mine (Have mine reserved and on the waiting list). God, I hope it shows up next week. Again, I will DEFINITELY POST PICS as soon as I get it (my Dad just got a new digital camera too) . I plan on getting the grey/black Busa.

I'm also in So. Cal and I'm ready to pay cash for an '05 now, as long as it's not red. I'm not getting a very clear story from the dealers I've talked with (Del Amo Motorsports, Orange County Suzuki and some others). Van Nuys said a couple reds by end of the month, but that doesn't help.

We need (non red) 05s in So Cal
smile.gif

Hey Ironbrad,

Del Amo and Bert's mega mall told me that they've been selling the 'Busa for the last couple of weeks and they've already sold 2 or more. You should go to Del Amo this week b/c I've been told they will get one this Wednesday 11/10/04. They require a $500 deposit for a reserve. I would totally put a deposit down right now but I have a friend that works for VSK in Victorville . I wanna make sure he gets the commission on my purchase (plus he's going to set me up a pretty good deal cuz I'm paying cash too
super.gif
).

Thanks for the info. I went back to Del Amo (and Berts) today. Del Amo wasn't too sure and will call me when the guy who tracks this stuff is in (out today). The sales guy checked some stuff and thought they would NOT be getting a Blue/silver in soon since they just got/sold one. Who knows. Berts was even less helpfull, but took my name and said they would call as soon as they knew anything. I offered to pony-up money ($500 would be about right) to get in line, but nobody new enough to move out on it. Very strange.

I appreciate your info and I suspect I can work someting out with Del Amo on a black/Silver if they expect one in soon. I suspect the backup of the container ships at the harbor may hold things up 1-2 weeks more than the dealers expect
mad.gif

Thanks again and good luck on your new toy
race.gif

There are several 05's in Orlando, I know 2 guys who already have taken delivery and gotten past the 600 mile checkup

smile.gif
Yeah Saw a couple here in Tampa? Want me to ride one over for ya???

I dunno about the 05's after seeing them up close, what I thought was painted graphics are actually decals, huge unclearcoated decals... kind of an annoyance... It's like Suzuki isn't even trying anymore...

Hey Revlis,
I understand your feelings, but I'd rather have one of these bikes and sweat the decals than not have one! My bikes are well treated and I think I can keep the decals looking pretty good for a couple years at least (still have an Fj1100 from 1984 in the family...running and looking good). My '02 ZZR1200 looks new.

On with the shopping ::
smile.gif

Thanks BiggerDano. I left my name with them and they said they would let me know if they got one in, but I'm not sure the sales kid will be able to find the paper scrap he wrote my name on! Del Amo said January before they get a couple more ::
sad.gif

With all the talk on the '05 does anyone want to give me a clue what the otd price to expect. I live in Monterey and willing to travel to pick one up but would like to give the dealer here a chance to keep the money locally.

mesmeralda, expect to pay OTD around 11.5 to 11.9 That's with tax, documentation, licensing fees, etc

That's if you don't negotiate and if you finance. If you've got cash in hand, well, that's a different story. You'll have an upper hand when it comes to making them an offer.

Thanks BiggerDano. I left my name with them and they said they would let me know if they got one in, but I'm not sure the sales kid will be able to find the paper scrap he wrote my name on! Del Amo said January before they get a couple more ::
sad.gif
Ironbrad,

you gotta go in, talk to them and put a deposit down. The sales guy at Del Amo and Berts said they've got people on a "waiting list" with deposits already placed. Unless the folks with deposits already got their Busas. I've had a deposit placed at my local dealership and I've got first dibs on the first crate that comes in. Just keep yer eyes peeled and don't stop buggin' the dealerships about it. Good luck.

gtrpimp76,

You're right, but I can only do so much. I went to Bert's Sunday and sat there telling the sales guy I had cash, was not shopping but ready to buy NOW, and would work with any dealer that can get me a bike (not red). He just sold 2 last week and I'm waiting to hear when he gets more. I told him I have a fat deposit ready to "get my place in line" assured, but I'm not going to give him anything if he can't get a bike until January. I also talked to Pedro at Del Amo (he deals directly with Suzuki for the sales guys). He called Suzuki for me to find out next deliveries and sadly explained they were January. I told him I would do a deposit, pay cash etc. if he can find one and do a dealer trade etc.

A deposit is fine if something can be made available by mid Dec. Otherwise, I'll just wait: In February lots are supposed to come in and sales are notoreously slow at that time of year. I'll get a good deal with cash in hand then::
smile.gif

I'll keep calling around and bugging folks. If anyone hears anything, let me know!

Thanks,
Brad

Hey Ironbrad,

Del Amo and Bert's mega mall told me that they've been selling the 'Busa for the last couple of weeks and they've already sold 2 or more. You should go to Del Amo this week b/c I've been told they will get one this Wednesday 11/10/04. They require a $500 deposit  for a reserve. I would totally put a deposit down right now but I have a friend that works for VSK in Victorville . I wanna make sure he gets the commission on my purchase (plus he's going to set me up a pretty good deal cuz I'm paying cash too  
super.gif
).
I wouldn't go to Del Amo again if they GAVE a Busa to me. They are, in my never-to-be-humble opinion, scum.

Again, that's just my opinion.

Bert's is only marginally better.

--Wag--

AAARRRRGGGHHHH DONT GO TO BERTS! u can get a better deal at other places! theres so many other places.. try chaparrel in san bernardino, hahm in anahiem but please stay away from berts!

I know u want the newest busa out there.. but why not try to get your hands on an 04 and save some money for mods?

<!--EDIT|briXXer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100143264 -->

I'm really inclined to agree with the opinions on Bert's and Del Amo. I was NOT impressed with either place (for different reasons I won't go into). As far as getting an '04, that's what I started looking for, but could not find a new one. I think I'll stay clear of used Busa's based on the potential for abuse they may have seen! Doesn't leave me a lot of options.

Thanks all...

u can find a good used one.. i got my 02 a little over a year ago and havent had any mechanical problems. just be patient they are out there.. i bet u can find 05's on ebay ( i havent checked though) and if not they will be popping up soon on there.

Went to the dealer here in Seaside and they quoted $12999 otd.:O I told them that it won't work. How about some info on some San Diego dealers for a good price. I've got cash on hand....:D

u can find a good used one.. i got my 02 a little over a year ago and havent had any mechanical problems. just be patient they are out there.. i bet u can find 05's on ebay ( i havent checked though) and if not they will be popping up soon on there.
Problem with eBay is that most Busas there are SCAMS. Many of the deals there seem too good to be true. And the ones that are real end up selling for the same amount you would buy it new from the dealer. I did see an '03 black and silver here in SoCal at OrangeCounty Suzuki. The Bartels Harley Davidson shop has a silver Busa for $7495. Again, I'm dealing with a friend up at my local dealer or else I myself would've jumped on one of the used Busas.

Back