NYC Bike show

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I went to the NYC International Motorcycle show yesterday. I heard that the DC show wasnt that great, but the NYC show sure was good. We got there around 11am, i bit later than i wanted, we left on time and only got slowed down in the city, I had somwehow managed to put the wrong address for the parking lot i wanted. After some searching, I ended up parking a few blocks away at the Port Authority for $29. Most of the pics are custom Busa's and other customs that were on display. The Turbo Zx14 that was at the Kawasaki booth belonged(I think) to Ricky Gadsen, who i got to meet and get a poster autographed by. Notice how even at the show the have to wrench on the 14:laugh: Ducati sponsored a stunt show insde the Javits center, they put some stuff down on the concrete to give it some texture, but it was still pretty slick to be riding on. It was a challenge to get pics of the stunt, my camera has a bit of a lag, 4 pics were to late and he was out of frame. I almost bought an Akuma Helmet, but they only had med, couldnt even get my melon in it:banghead: There were TONS of booths, from Marchesini to Yausa, But i was disappionted by the lack of helmets to buy, HJC had a display, but not sales items, oh well. I did ask the Suzuki Rep about the 2010 Busa, as he walked away from me he said " should be soon, the number of 09's left is getting to where we can get 10's here". He didnt seem to like the question.:laugh: Heres the pics, enjoy:thumbsup:

SANY0823.jpg

SANY0821.jpg

SANY0837.jpg

SANY0838.jpg

SANY0818.jpg

SANY0833.jpg

SANY0834.jpg

SANY0839.jpg

SANY0796.jpg

SANY0795.jpg

I was there too. I didn't enjoy that much though.
Where did you see Akuma helmets? I looked at every booth and couldn't find one. I really want one but would like to try it on first.

I dont know about u guys but i never been to a bike show ever so i can honestly say it was the best bike show i ever been to. :laugh: heres some pics from my phone (junk).

IMG00049.jpg

IMG00051.jpg

IMG00052.jpg

IMG00054.jpg

IMG00053.jpg

I got the rest on a hd camera but i forgot it in ny at my cousins house, hes comin next weekend so i'll post the rest of the pics then.

Glad you could make it to the show fastfrog. And you got a great deal on parking, too. Great pics, it looked like a much better show than last year.

I was there too. I didn't enjoy that much though.
Where did you see Akuma helmets? I looked at every booth and couldn't find one. I really want one but would like to try it on first.

In only found 1. There was a booth across from the Tapout sitting area, I think it was a dealer just sellin gear, the only had a medium and i couldnt even get it on. I usaully wear a large in HJC, I think Akuma run a bit small.

The show really was great, but it was my first so...:whistle:
Here are some more pics, I was kinda rushed earlier. The streetfighter started out life as a Busa, Frame and motor are all that remains. The exhaust table was at the Suzki booth, they had 2 and wouldnt give me one

SANY0792.jpg

SANY0793.jpg

SANY0808.jpg

SANY0817.jpg

SANY0845.jpg

SANY0798.jpg

SANY0812.jpg

SANY0852.jpg

Last edited:
i think after all the cities this show has hit the Zuki booth is probably tired of the "when is the k10 Busa gonna be released" question. I'm sure for them this is a long road trip of hearing "are we there yet" especially since most of us already know that its gonna be a delayed release. This show definitely had more Busas then the kick off show here in Dallas. Thanks for the share!

Back