05 Busa sittin in my garage

busaconvert

Registered
I've been browsing this board since I ordered my new Busa a couple of weeks ago. Well today I played hookie and drove to the city to pick her up. She's just sittin there in the garage, smiling at me.

Just thought I'd use this forum to introduce myself. I've already learned a great deal from you guys. Removing those stickers, shaving the sidestand etc.

For the record, I got off my 12 last July at a buck seventy. Crushed 3 vertibrate. Sergeon said he's never seen anyone with that much damage...walk. Two eight inch titanium rods and eight screws later, I'm back on board. Unfortunately there's still snow on the ground up her in Canada.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the board.  Enjoy your new ride.

OH...........let's not forget pics..........its a newbie requirement!
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|mzrsq
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111640816 -->

I'm on it! Gotta go to Wal-mart and get a digital camera. Basic silver and blue, no mods yet, but I'm probably going to get my daughters airbrushed onto the tank to remind me to slow down.

Congrats and welcome to the board. Glad you were able to and decided to get back ridin'! Let us see what that thing looks like!

Welcome. Love the blue & silver. Sounds like you have your priorities in order. Enjoy when the weather allows!

Welcome to the board.
cool.gif
Glad you're around to ride again. 170 get off just doesn't sound fun.
wow.gif

Welcome to the fold. We gladly accept anyone who sees the light and leaves the dark side.
tounge.gif

Welcome to the board...
biggrin.gif
we will wait for those pictures
wink.gif

Enjoy your new ride... and keep the rubber side down bro

170 mph.....dayum buddy the Lord is really looking out for you.....what happened that caused the crash?
Ride safe and welcome to the board.

Better clear this up right away. That's 170 Canadian (kph). About 105mph.
As for cause...there were a comedy of errors that led to the demise of my 02 zx12. First I brushed off the importance of scuffing the new tie. Second, I took a tight inside line to make the corner more challenging. Finally I took this stretch of road from the opposite direction make the turn a decending radius curve. All this added up to the road turning more I could turn the bike.
One thing is true...When the back end gets loose, get on the throttle. 9 times out of ten it will save you and one time out of ten it ends the suspense. Unfortunately this was number 10. Hi side into the ditch. My *ss hit the earth at 100mph.

Here's a pic of my 05 'Busa.  Nothing special about the photo other than the snow and visible exhaust.  Ahhh!  Forget it.  I can't get the file small enough to upload.

Busa.JPG

Back