*** shortboarder vegas pics ***

On the road to Death Valley, some gravel on the road caused BA BUSA's front wheel to slip - here's the aftermath:

BaBusa_Rear_1.jpg

WEAR YOUR GEAR. Rich walked away with some rug burn from his leathers - the gear took all the hits.

BaBusa_Pants.jpg

This is what caused the accident - loose gravel that had come from the road surface. It was practically invisible until you reached down and picked it up.

BaBusa_Street_2.jpg

We waited for Wayne to get a trailer - one luckything was that the incident happened at a relatively high elevation on the road, so it wasn't too hot.

BaBusa_Sign_2.jpg

We waited for a bit over an hour. During that time only ONE passing vehicle checked to see if we were ok.

Jubilee___Waiting_3.jpg

I didn't go on the poker run on Saturday, opting to drink and look at the scenery at the pool
smile.gif

On my ride back, I was going to take the fast way back (I-15), but decided at the very last minute that I didn't want to dodge trucks while hungover, so I took the long way again.

Here's some scenery on the road to Tecopa.

Tecopa_Wreck_2.jpg

As you approach Badwater (the lowest elevation and typically the hottest part of the US) the salt flats look like a moonscape.

Salt_Flats_1.jpg

Out on the dry-lake surface, there's various messages that visitors have scratched into the ground. I added my own:

Salt_Flats_7.jpg

There's also a fair amount of tourists there, taking the walk out to the middle of the salt flats. It's a long walk.

Badwater_3.jpg

Got out of Death Valley and was about 50 miles north of Trona, CA when I stopped to take this photo...

Road_to_Trona_1.jpg

Back