Fly and Ride.. renting in vegas

TommyGunn1300

Registered
i go out to vegas every fall for a week and have always drove down to glamis, rented 4wheelers and rode the sand dunes, then came back and did the vegas thing, then went home. thinking about changing it up this year and renting a bike from Harley Davidson of Las Vegas. most likely a street glide.

Has anyone ever done this before? I plan on renting the bike for 4 days and making one big trip out of it. As of right now, i'm thinking about leaving vegas and heading to SF, crossing the bridge, coming back and taking the Pacific Coast Highway down to Los Angeles where i would visit my aunt for lunch or something. i'm sure there would be plenty of time to see other things

anyone ever done this? any route suggestions or must see places? riding the sand dunes is a pure blast but i've done that the past 2 years and always thought it would be nice to ride a motorcycle out that way.

sand dunes... or hawg?

The wife and i are doing a second honeymoon in Maui next june and I plan to rent a bike to go to Hana.They have HD, ducatis,yamaha star and honda road bikes and bimmers.The HDs are the cheapest to rent, wonder why??

The wife and i are doing a second honeymoon in Maui next june and I plan to rent a bike to go to Hana.They have HD, ducatis,yamaha star and honda road bikes and bimmers.The HDs are the cheapest to rent, wonder why??
Not meaning to spoil your trip but I would not suggest renting a bike and doing the road to Hanna. We were their last year on our honeymoon and went to the HD place to rent one. It was 185.00 for the bike for 8 hrs + gas ate 4 bucks a gallon. Now the good part. You will not enjoy the ride at all. It is 56 miles of switchbacks and a lot of narrowing parts of the road. I rented a car and drove and my shoulders were so sore from driving. It took us about 15 hrs and we did not make it to the end. We did stop and enjoy a lot of the views and it was well worth the drive and to this day I am so thankful I dod not get that bike and ride it. Here is a website that might give you a better look at the road if you have not seen it before. Hana Highway...The Road To Hana, Maui, Hawaii Scroll down for video. - GearGather.org Enjoy your trip. We want to go back to another island soon. :thumbsup:

Back