Hayabusa track bike

That is a nice setup. I think adding the decals was a great idea.......

I've got my road bike down to 490lbs full tank of fuel a far cry from 420lbs or less.....I still have my Sebimoto CF tank to put on it but it is being painted the factory color with factory decals. That will add some weight back but should still lose a few lbs more. I am hoping to get down to 480lbs full tank of fuel when I am done. I am still using the stock header but modded the rest of the exhaust as a 4-2-1. Mine is used for the road, road race course and for the dragstrip (I use a 0-6" swingarm). I have full out Ohlins suspension and fully upgraded braking system which gives me 1 finger braking. All purpose bike when setup for each venue.

IMG_20120211_172418.jpg

That is a nice setup. I think adding the decals was a great idea.......

I've got my road bike down to 490lbs full tank of fuel a far cry from 420lbs or less.....I still have my Sebimoto CF tank to put on it but it is being painted the factory color with factory decals. That will add some weight back but should still lose a few lbs more. I am hoping to get down to 480lbs full tank of fuel when I am done. I am still using the stock header but modded the rest of the exhaust as a 4-2-1. Mine is used for the road, road race course and for the dragstrip (I use a 0-6" swingarm). I have full out Ohlins suspension and fully upgraded braking system which gives me 1 finger braking. All purpose bike when setup for each venue.

IMG_20120211_172418.jpg

Looks awesome. Would love to see more photos...
Tell me about your brakes. Have you kept front rotors and wheel the same or changed the complete front end like me?

Your exhaust would make a big difference. The OEM end can is very heavy. May be worth getting a titanium header/exhaust set up one day...

Pan,

Your work and choice to make the big beast a track bike is amazing:bowdown: I've taken mine out twice to the track and it has been a talking point every single time. At the beginning of the day people walk up and make comments about how big it is and how hard it would be to move around the track. More like a friendly way of calling it silly. From their tone they don't expect much. By the end of the day the conversation flips to comments like, "wow that bike is fast and has so much HP". It is as if you are expected to dog around the track and the second they see the beast move like the bloated gazelle it is the tone changes to the Busa being an advantage......and ya can't have it both ways:whistle: And I'm not the guy that hammers down the back straight and gets a crowd behind me in the twisties.

I'm seriously considering turning my K9 into a track bike vs. dropping 10 grand on buying/building a Gixxer 1000. After one lap I have no use for it on the street and realized that's why I have a cruiser! When I line up and put fire in the Alien Head the Busa looks at the other bikes like Ivan Drago looked at Rocky and says, "I must break you".

Pan,

the Busa looks at the other bikes like Ivan Drago looked at Rocky and says, "I must break you".

:lol:

Yeh, there's nothing like pulling out of a corner with that huge torque of a Busa. Sure the smaller bikes may have better mid-corner speed, but I'm in it for the ultimate fun, not for the ultimate lap time!

I've not regretted this journey once (so far). I'd sit here and tell you that you wouldn't regret building a Busa track bike either, but then I'd be preaching to the converted!

Where did you get your fairings? I've been hunting and can't find much for the k8+ Busa.

eBay! I was just lucky at the time. A shop had them hanging on display for 10 years and decided to sell them!

If you ask the drag racing guys and gals they may know where to find race fairings...

You fellas with your "bike lightening" efforts....why don't you just keep em the stock weight, they're fine that way! Doyle

Good one Doyle :poke:

How's your "Weight Watchers" plan going?

Funny you ask! Just got back from race shop where we discussed my objectives. Ultimately, I want 200 hp to the ground at 4500 ft elevation and a 450 pound scooter! When I stop being amazed at how it runs and handles now(167 hp and 466 pounds), we'll start down that path. So far, it feels like there is a year of thrills in it before any more upgrades are needed. You know, you could make YOUR bike an occasional streetbike Pan! Doyle

Why, when you are behind another bike on the track, does it look like some sort of mouth will be opening on your bike to gobble up whatever is in it's way?! Doyle (hope you had a great time)

Back