What have I been up to lately? A new toy

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
When we started the site many years ago it was a hobby and we spent our time having fun and doing new stuff. Over the years as the site has grown the day to day tasks lost the fun and became a job. For a couple of years I have been looking for something to do as a hobby to relax and enjoy.

We recently purchased a new laser that allows us to engrave, etch and cut materials. There is a lot we can do and we have been experimenting over the past few weeks, some of you may have seen some of the things that we have made. We have been making things for local folks and having some great success with the responses of people. I have been grabbing material here and there from the local sales and putting Hayabusa stuff on them to see how they would turn out. You will be able to see some of the things in the classifieds or in the new Hayabusa.org area in the sponsors section.

We made the Christmas Ornaments, (maybe someone that purchased them can tell you if they like them), we have etched on granite, cut acrylic, engraved and cut wood and even glass. We will be adding some new products to the site to sell that are more for a shelf but we were able to get a stator cover done this week and it looks pretty good. We should be able to do levers and several other things on a busa, as we play around we will let you see what we can do....

I wanted you to know that we are playing and wanted to let you all know what we are working on...

Here are a few pics of some of the things we have been doing....

granite
granite 005.jpg

laser-tile 120 (1024 x 768).jpg

DSC01139-1.jpg

DSC01141-1.jpg

laser-christmas-block-2.jpg

laser-christmas-block.jpg

DSC01132.jpg

DSC01136.jpg

Aluminum
DSC01122.jpg

granite 005.jpg

laser-tile 120 (1024 x 768).jpg

DSC01139-1.jpg

DSC01141-1.jpg

laser-christmas-block-2.jpg

laser-christmas-block.jpg

DSC01132.jpg

DSC01136.jpg

DSC01122.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a pic I took of the OHP bike a couple of years ago, I put it on Oak.....

laser%20014.jpg

laser%20014.jpg

That is some nice work Doug!
Thank you for all the hard work you do for this site and allowing us to play in your sandbox.
I will be ordering from this collection as soon as I possibly can.
Bubba

Very nice!

Looks like you have been busy! :beerchug:

Busy but lots of fun, it is good to make something with my hands again.. I design the artwork, get the material ready and then cut it or engrave it and I have something in my hands when I'm done.

Feels good to do something productive again...

CAP

Nice work on all of it! :bowdown:

I really like the granite and glass pieces with the lights in them though. :thumbsup:

My buddy down in mena ar has a laser that sounds similar to yours. He does a lot of wood work stuff to hang on walls. One thing he won't do is cut any pvc. Says it can make a gas and mess up the machine. Also he had an extended warranty that covered his laser when it burned out and saved him about 5k.

Sounds cool cool and good luck with it.

Would you be interested in doin stainless or aluminum gun parts?
Posted via Mobile Device

Here is one I made tonight of Devil Dog (Vinny) 8 x 10 .... The first is the original image I took at the Stampede....

vinny-2.jpg

vinny1.jpg

vinny-2.jpg

vinny1.jpg

My buddy down in mena ar has a laser that sounds similar to yours. He does a lot of wood work stuff to hang on walls. One thing he won't do is cut any pvc. Says it can make a gas and mess up the machine. Also he had an extended warranty that covered his laser when it burned out and saved him about 5k.

Sounds cool cool and good luck with it.

Would you be interested in doin stainless or aluminum gun parts?
Posted via Mobile Device

Your friend is right on the money... PVC will hose a CO2 laser in seconds... The acid will eat the optics and poof new stuff required...

We will be doing all sorts of projects in the future. You can put black on stainless or take the anodization off treated metal.. If you have something you need done let me know and I will see what I can do...

cap

Back