Introducing a new website Kingkeepsakes.com

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Okay folks and update....

About 5 months ago I lost my job as part of a reduction in force and have been unemployed since then. I have looked high and low for a new job and Oklahoma has the highest umemployment in 24 years. I had a choice to make a couple of months ago and that was do I become a victim or do I become stronger and live as a survivor? I don't expect the government to bail me out and we knew we would have to make it on our own. Since I could not find a job (not even an interview). My wife and I instead chose to continue on with Hayabusa.org and invest in some new equipment. We have worked very hard over the past few months with our new laser in learning the skills that it takes to engrave and cut with it. I have been working on artwork for the site for 10 years now and we believe that we have a lot to offer back to the members here.. We have seen a great response from our local area too, friends buying from us for Christmas gifts and the response back has been incredible. We have no vision of conquering the world with engraving or signs or any of the things that we are making, we think that we can make a living in this tough time by offering custom products for people all over the country.......

We are excited to do this, I have been making money for other people, hundreds of thousands and millions of dollars over the past 15 years and it's time I use some of those skills in business for myself. This is a tough time for many people and we wanted folks to know why the sudden shift to this new site... We want to offer something to you, a good product, custom made and by the hands of someone that you know......

I want to make sure that I let all the admins and mods here know that I appreciate them.... Your continued support, calls, emails, PM's have helped us.. Your constant good wishes and your confidence has really helped... Thank you all for walking with us......

So with all of that said and done...

I have been working on getting a new site up and running so that I can start to show and sale things that we are making without spamming up the Org. I have the site far enough that I can let you guys know about it and get some answers to questions. I have been getting a lot of request for information about what we have, what we can do and what the cost are... The other site should be the place to answer all of your questions.... So let me invite you over to King Keepsakes - Highlights the first page has some examples of what we have done and what we can do. Right now most of the things that we have completed have been custom items for members here and for gifts for people here locally. There is a sales link up that has a classifieds area that you can go to and see what we have made and what we have for sell. Most everything is one off because we make it right there and I dont want any two things to really be just alike... If you have an idea of something you want or would like to see just shoot me an email or PM me and let me know.. We can literally put just about anything on wood, metal, granite or acrylic.....

We still have all of the shirt equipment and we will also be making many more shirts and hoodies in the next few weeks... New artwork, new stuff, now that we have time we will be keeping up better on sizes in stock and turning products there too... Bike-shirts.com will probably be fading away and be absorbed by kingkeepsakes.com

Thanks for checking us out...

CAp

Last edited:
I love what Doug did for me, and everyone who I have shown them to did too and wants something done. I'll be sure to pass the site on.:thumbsup:

Great looking stuff Doug!

Spring Bash is just around the corner - gonna need some 11th Annual Bash shirts!! :thumbsup:

Get Professor to pimp you out at Tinker and get some of those Mil and Civ retirements and going aways. Best of luck to ya!

My best wishes to it working out. I will be tossing you some money after things are back on track for me.

nice.

mind if we pass this around on other forums?

Would love to hav some exposure. We can do all types of signs and bikes ok wood, engraving of bike logos and all sorts of things like that.

Good on ya Doug! Way to make lemonade out of the lemons given to you. The site looks real good! It'll do great!

Great looking products. :thumbsup:

Lots of money to be made, in personal memoriabilia. :colgate:

Looks shovel ready to me , plenty of grant money out there too. :whistle:

If you can put some rural,disabled or un-employed people to work.:unclesam:

Last edited:
Good stuff Cap! You took what I'm sure has been a tough time for you & your family and realized an opportunity that presented itself and is quite fitting for you. The wide realm of possibilities for the laser application, and the quality of the craftsmanship will undoubtedly make this venture a success for you. :thumbsup:
Thanks again for maintaining this site during your unemployment. A tall order to say the lest I'm sure.

I have added the link to my Yahoo profile & blog. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Good job Doug way to find another route. I know we are due for new shirts and stuff shortly so I will certainly send some business your way.

I was not aware you were unemployed Captain. Congratulations for stepping up to face the challenge presented you! There's always risk involved in any new venture, but you have a very large initial customer base to start with, and that's half the battle.

We're not into keepsake items, but I'll keep your service in mind if I think of a product I could sell at retail.

Best wishes. :beerchug:

I was not aware you were unemployed Captain. Congratulations for stepping up to face the challenge presented you! There's always risk involved in any new venture, but you have a very large initial customer base to start with, and that's half the battle.

We're not into keepsake items, but I'll keep your service in mind if I think of a product I could sell at retail.

Best wishes. :beerchug:

We didn't tell anyone except the admins, It just seemed liked drama and there are a lot of people worse off than us. We didn't want to take away from other people that needed support. It's a new year and we thought that it was just time. We are going to be hittin this hard and there have been questions about the time that we spend with the laser and how we never sleep.

Last edited:
Looks good Doug. I really like the wood engraving you did for me, amazing detail. Thank you very much, and I will be wanting one of those led signs very soon.

It's good to hear you're working through a tough time, and doing something that everyone else can enjoy. I have a few ideas for some engravings I may want to purchase, so I'll check out the site. Best of luck in the New Year!

Would love to hav some exposure. We can do all types of signs and bikes ok wood, engraving of bike logos and all sorts of things like that.

Im going to pass this along to a couple of my Harley Buddies

Back