Help!

rhight1340

Registered
just bought a bike 01 and somebody had cut the key switch out for a toggle for Dragracing. I am going to drag it too. Switch ON- the FI lights up in message center and Red FI light flashes. I have done alot of diagnostic and here is what I do Know. Fuel pump will not cycle(Relay pin test OK), Tip over switch tested 2.5 volts standing upright (specs out), Side stand switch appears to have .900 of a volt.(seems low to me.)turn signal/side stand relay pin test only .500 of a volt going through diode (my cheap clymer manual tells me it should be 1.4 volts or greater.) I am not sold thats the problem. Bought a new/used E-Bay ECM and bike gives exact same symptoms FI light FI Message no fuel pump cycle no start. This sucks I missed a race because of this. Does any body have some Feedback for me. I think its time to take it to Suzuki and get it scanned.:banghead:

starter works, spins over just no fuel pump cycle-wont start. power probe will activate fuel pump but it will run constant with full power.

Fuel pump works with power-Im getting no response from ECM to fuel pump, thats when i thought it was ECM and bought one. Im thinking 2 ECM's giving same symptom probably not likely. At fuel pump relay everything seems ok except wire I think red/blue that feeds fuel pump, injectors, coils. I pin tested the relay its working.

Unplug the fuel pump and check the plug. I had the same problem one time. when I unplugged the fuek pump, the yellow and red wire was pulled from the back of the plug. I had to push the wire back through and then I taped the back of the plug with some electrical tape. I hope this helps bro.:please:

Just a shot in the dark here, but if the wire comming out of the fuel pump relay to pump is working, you might have a bad ground some where. Try grounding the fuel pump relay with jumper wire straight to the battery ground, then see if fuel pump works?

At the ignition switch there was a ground. That ground was removed from other wires and grounded to frame. so there is only wires that need to go hot at race toggle switch. a simple two prong on/off switch is this the problem????

Re:I have a stupid issue still needing help!

Ignition switch cut off bike. Main batt. feed (red wire) on one side of a race toggle switch. All other wires on other prong of race toggle switch (Orange /white feeds fuel pump relay)Orange feeds headlight dimmer(it works)orange /gray feeds start switch (it works, spins starter)Brown wire feeds brake lights and other lights they all work. Black/White wire main bike groundI grounded to frame. Since this Modification to ignition I have a problem what am I doing wrong. Come on guys I am electrical stupid this isnt Rocket science is it , well we are talking about our earth rocket right. Problem is FI message FI red light flash no fuel pump cycle no start, no race. Help!:bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited:
I think the fuel pump has it's own fuse.
You are by passing that when you use your tester to see if the pump drives.
Check the fuel pump fuse?

These wiring diagrams may be better.

Scan10002_edited.jpg

Scan10003_edited.jpg

According to the nice scans, i would check the wiring from the fuel pump relay back to the pump motor, both + & -, plus anywhere the pump is getting a signal from. It is common to lose connection at push plugs, especially "custom" wired bikes. Good luck and let us know your progress.

p.s., I'm not a mechanic but I did stay at the Holiday Inn Express!

Wow, thanks for all the input guys, you rock. I really thinking this is the side stand relay fnn up. I pin tested the relay with diode mode per the manual and on one side of pin out you are supposed to get 1.4 volts or greater(Ive only got .586 of a volt going through the diode.). What sucks is about 1:00 I hooked up the wiring in the proper format and the fuel pump cycled and I didnt have enough gas to fire off, so my girl ran to get gas and I removed the tank to check and make sure everything was ok (dont need any fires right) put the tank back on put about a 1/2 gallon in tank, flip the switch and back to square one FI mssg and FI light. F--- me for Gods sake some body get me a match. I cant hear the relay click when cycle the side stand switch so I am leaning towards this being the culprit. I heard it click before when I was about to fire it the first time. If you think I on the right track let me know ( I have checked all connections for pin pull out and loose connections everything looks good and feels good.:rofl:

Last edited:
Hey Poppy where did you get the electrical diagnostic sheet thats good stuff, really gives me a clear understanding of the circuit. Thanks a bunch Ron. I am gonna win this thing, I cant stand not be able to line up at the track and blast down the track its the dope.:thumbsup:

Nope dont deal in stolen property. Turbo Joe dismantled the bike when it was full out race before. Twelve over and turboed. Felt like he could get more money for a race bike by selling off the high perf parts. I didnt have the "geetas" for a a complete assembly so I have pieced this one back togather less swing arm, air shifter, auto box, turbo. I have scored most of the parts i need off "Cheese Bay" by the way 300Busa what:poke::poke: are you a cop?

update: 6:45pm I have power to fuel pump relay via RED/BLUE WIRE. Also when switch on I have power at fuel pump relay via ORANGE /WHITE WIRE. According to relay schmatics and wiring diagrams power on these 2 wires should activate relay and send power to fuel pump, fuel injectors and a signal to ECM via YELLOW/RED WIRE this is not happening(bad fuel pump relay right) I bypassed relay with jumper to ORANGE/WHITE WIRE-switch on pump runs constant. ECM supposed to trigger pump off after 3 seconds not happening WTF-bad relay and ECM? Im frying on this electrical BS. I know its something stupid I over looking.HELP ME ELECTRICAL GODS:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::

Last edited:
Back