Help!!!!!!!!

Doesn't the FI light need to be on for you to pull code like a check engine light o. A car
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes so you need to turn the bike on and flip the switch to prime the pump so the FI light will come on

I hate doing that cause I disable the computers ablity to turn on and off the pump it just keeps runnin Instead of priming it continues to run
Posted via Mobile Device

Soo I do have C41 which is fuel pump relay malfunction. Djsin and I have spent the better part of the day tracing wires to check for a crackedwithin the wiring harness and all have passed test soo the question is why isn't the computer energizing the relay. So my question is what tells the computer to energize the relay cause all relays have past conunity test
Posted via Mobile Device

Soo I do have C41 which is fuel pump relay malfunction. Djsin and I have spent the better part of the day tracing wires to check for a crackedwithin the wiring harness and all have passed test soo the question is why isn't the computer energizing the relay. So my question is what tells the computer to energize the relay cause all relays have past conunity test
Posted via Mobile Device

So you did nothing besides get the fairings painted? Have you tried to energize the relay manually to get it to click?

Nothing and I didn't even disconnect the TOS just pulled it off of the mount. I would try that but I don't know which wire if the pigtail energizes the relay to turn on the pump. In the pigtail I have a constant power a power wire that goes to the pump and 2 wires that go to the ecm.
Posted via Mobile Device

You gotta download the manual. Page 4-49 clearly explains all possibilities for C41 code, and how to troubleshoot, and mentions what color wires, etc. Since you got the code, you are almost there. It's the relay, the wiring, or the ECU. Or poor connection between them.

Was the bike running fine prior to painting? What was disconnected prior to the painting? Any details? I mean it's gotta be something.

In regard to your question, what causes the computer to energize the relay, look at the diagram for 'Fuel Pump Control System' I mentioned in the other post - on page 4-13. Trying to figure it out without the service manual is kind of inefficient. The diagram may at least give you more clarity.

That's where my confusion is @ the bike ha never ran stronger Befor this id ride it to florida and back if u had to. Nothing ever gave me anytrouble. Soo I have the manual and pin 9 and 17 have continuity. Of thing it is that if found out re computer is sending power to pin 17 soo.. with key on I have constant power, and power from pin 17 if I ground pin 9 with test light relay will trigger and pump will turn on... so I don't know what to think @ this point. Is there a way to test ecm. If I trigger relay to work and turn the pump on I can start the bike and runs fine so proves ecm works. Idk what to do @ this point
Posted via Mobile Device

And I can't just order a new ecm like trouble shooting advises. Soo where would be my next point of interest
Posted via Mobile Device

Maybe bad ground out of pin 9. If when u turn key on and pump doesn't prime, but does when u provide the ground I'd say there is a pinched wire in there..

Rockethed using Tapatalk

Both wires pas continuity test meter goes straight to zero so proves tha there's nothin wrong with the wires
Posted via Mobile Device

Back