Running Lights Connector near front headlights, Question?

sk8snw8s

Registered
Hello Org

I have a connector harness (bought from a org family member) running off that connector. It's my 12 volt light source for some LED lighting I have connected.

I am no longer getting power out of that that connector anymore. Is there a fuse or relay which may prevent the power to be lost from this connector?

I have checked all my fuses and they are good, but I don't know if that fuse relay which house the side stand and turn signal relay are in connection with that connector.

thanks for any help.

Pull the service manual and check the simple schematics. Don't think there's a relay involved. Running lights come on when the key is turned on. Brown wire, right ?

That's the best I can do, someone will be along, bump

Thanks Robert
Yeah it's the brown wire. Gonna test my power from the connector, to see if it's giving me power, the harness might have gotten damaged that i have hooked to that power source. I been testing the supplied harness and it's connectors treed from it i bought and added on.

I was wondering if you had checked for power or not. Could be the LEDs. How many LEDs did you add ?

I have a strip in the rear and on each fairing with in the large opening but I used a test light to check for power within the harness part of the connector and got nothing and to make sure the light was working I checked for power in another source and the light came on. So like i said i'm going to test for power just through the runnings lights connector just incase the harness i had connected to it might have a wire clipped and if so then it's just a point of replacing the harness with a new one to connect to that connector. I was just trying to find out if maybe a fuse my be the problem since all the fuses under the left panel are good.

It use to be easy for me to download the wiring but it's not anymore. I thought that someone would have been in here by now. Send Justin with Honda East a PM about the fuse for the running light wire on a Gen I and see if he can help. Let me go see about pulling the schematic.

Robert
Thanks for all your help, I got home and come to find out the connector harness attached to the running lights connector had partially come unconnected. I'm all good to now, my first connection i must of just pushed it together but not to the point to where the connectors clicked into place. This I pressed it together and heard the mating connectors click. Again thanks for your help Robert, good looking out. This the harness I have running off the running lights connector, this gives me more power sources to connect to instead of tapping into 12volt wire source.
Frankenstein Replacement Bolts

Greg is a great guy and stands behind his stuff. He's smithabusa here and if you go out to youtube you'll find him on his monster yellow Gen I. Great guy.

Back